Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

281 - 297 of 297 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
Out here, UPS is the most dependable. FedEx sucks, and USPS is all amateur hour.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
Out here, UPS is the most dependable. FedEx sucks, and USPS is all amateur hour.
Pretty much same here. We have had the same UPS guy for a few years now. He is great. When Evils MS shots get here he puts them in the entry way and texts us

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
They better be dead or dying if they don't deliver here. Drivers make $100,000 easily if they don't drive they lose their spots and end up back in the warehouse loading trucks. Which is only a part time job. Driving is a coveted position the wait list here is 3yrs minimum. I'm still on the list. I took the Driving tests and they pay for my physical.
Here, I see it as the Regional Manager and Supervisors who are the dipshits. My regular driver on this route now gives me a call and I go down the street and meet him on the blacktop street. If not home, he leaves me a message with a plan for the next day. Good guy. Awhile back, he took a week of vacation. The woman driver who filled in for him was afraid to come down this street. She cried Safety Issue and they declared street not safe.
If she is afraid to drive in winter conditions, unlike other drivers, she should go!

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
Yeah, my shipping label was created at 703 am on Monday. It still apparently isn't attached to the package yet....
That is still the last tracking update... nothing since... I HATE it when stuff goes through Chitcago because they ALWAYS lose it or destroy it.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
She cried Safety Issue and they declared street not safe.
If she is afraid to drive in winter conditions, unlike other drivers, she should go!
The driver is the captain of their ship. If conditions are bad and they have an accident, or slide off the road it is a preventable. It goes on your record and can be punishable up to termination at any company. You don't get to make that decision, the driver does. The dispatcher doesn't get to make that decision, the driver does.

On the lighter side I got 2 packages from the local UPS yesterday. A third was listed as being there, just not ready for pick up. "It's probably out there in one of those trailers we couldn't process it we are so far behind." No big deal, see you Monday.

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
And my package is still lost in Chitcago... was supposed to have been delivered yesterday.

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
The driver is the captain of their ship. If conditions are bad and they have an accident, or slide off the road it is a preventable. It goes on your record and can be punishable up to termination at any company. You don't get to make that decision, the driver does. The dispatcher doesn't get to make that decision, the driver does.

On the lighter side I got 2 packages from the local UPS yesterday. A third was listed as being there, just not ready for pick up. "It's probably out there in one of those trailers we couldn't process it we are so far behind." No big deal, see you Monday.
Seems very, very strange none of their so called "Captain of the Ship" weather condition calls were ever made even once before. I have lived here for 34 years now and they never refused to deliver on this street. The regular drivers here call it BS. They say that the woman driver who started this is worthless. Also, there was no reason for her to call a Supervisor out to look at snow on our street. She doesn't have to go out on the country roads now either. Cause they are gravel roads like our street. They usually have snow on them all winter. But the guys deliver there.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Ordered 4 items off Amazon Thursday. 3 were delivered Friday and the 4th came back as being late, maybe Monday or Tuesday next week.

Yesterday it was updated to arrive that day, even get a thing that shows how many stops they are away. I see an Amazon truck go past the house, then same truck (I assume) goes back past the house minutes later. WTF?!?!?!

So maybe 5 minutes later a private car pulls up, guy in a yellow vest gets out and puts the package on my porch, gets in his car and backs into my driveway and off he goes. I get a message showing it on my porch, delivered. Just thought it was funny seeing their truck go by, then this no-name car pulls up. Wonder what that cost them?

At least all the orders were correct, the main one was a HEPA air purifier by Tenergy, then a spare filter, a mold test kit, and a mattress encasement cover. The allergy test lady recommended I get those in case I'm allergic to something in the house. I took the allergy test to see if there's anything that's making my eyes water before I let the eye docs do surgery on my eyelids/tear ducts. Here's the kicker...eyes haven't watered much since last Wednesday!!! But I also haven't been out of the house much since then.

Now I need to find out when to use the mold kit. Do I use it now before I smell/see anything or do I use it when it starts to occur? I would think the later would be too late cause it's already there.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
Ordered 4 items off Amazon Thursday. 3 were delivered Friday and the 4th came back as being late, maybe Monday or Tuesday next week.

Yesterday it was updated to arrive that day, even get a thing that shows how many stops they are away. I see an Amazon truck go past the house, then same truck (I assume) goes back past the house minutes later. WTF?!?!?!

So maybe 5 minutes later a private car pulls up, guy in a yellow vest gets out and puts the package on my porch, gets in his car and backs into my driveway and off he goes. I get a message showing it on my porch, delivered. Just thought it was funny seeing their truck go by, then this no-name car pulls up. Wonder what that cost them?

At least all the orders were correct, the main one was a HEPA air purifier by Tenergy, then a spare filter, a mold test kit, and a mattress encasement cover. The allergy test lady recommended I get those in case I'm allergic to something in the house. I took the allergy test to see if there's anything that's making my eyes water before I let the eye docs do surgery on my eyelids/tear ducts. Here's the kicker...eyes haven't watered much since last Wednesday!!! But I also haven't been out of the house much since then.

Now I need to find out when to use the mold kit. Do I use it now before I smell/see anything or do I use it when it starts to occur? I would think the later would be too late cause it's already there.
Mold is a big issue in TN because we have wet winters, and usually no hard freezes.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
This problem didn't show until 3 years ago. I opened one of the closets under the stairway and when I looked at the inside of the door it was covered with mold. I removed everything out of both closets and cleaned them with bleach, but I could still smell a musty smell even though nobody else could. Then it appeared on the bathroom ceiling that is next to the closets, so I cleaned that too. Last year I didn't seen any, mainly because I kept the closet doors cracked open and I have a dehumidifier in one of them. But I think there was another issue and my be the actual cause.

Back in 2000 I had a 24'x24' room addition added on. Later I noticed they had cut a hole in the old, existing roof (portion covered by the new addition roof) in between 2 rafters so they could get to the existing vent pipes. Well, they never covered the hole back up, which happens to be directly over the closet/bathroom area.

With the hot, humid summers we've had, I believe the humidity in the attic of the new addition is being pulled into that hole and causing the problem. I covered the hole up and I'm thinking that doing so also prevented the mold from forming last summer.

A bit of topic but that's what we do :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts

I recommend doing it now. Also, be sure to test near that area where the mold was. Mold may be slowly growing again or else where. That stuff can cause many problems for people.

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
And my package is still in Chitcago purgatory...

·
What the Hell was that?
643 Posts
And my package is still in Chitcago purgatory...
Not surprised. Mine is "somewhere" between here and Dallas. Delivery is scheduled for today between 1230-430. Sadly, it left NEW YORK on Tuesday (so it says).

UPDATE: I am throughly AMAZED. According to the USPS, my parts package is STILL sitting in Dallas, HOWEVER, i came home from work to find them sitting on the kitchen counter. My wife said they were delivered around 5:00. I'm happy they're here (now installed and functioning properly), but DAMN, it kinda shows that the USPS has NO idea where their ass is.

281 - 297 of 297 Posts