USPS is Terrible

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Oaktree45, May 19, 2020.

1. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

I know I quoted myself so everyone would know what I was talking about. My package finally updated this morning. On 8/13 it was in PA and this morning was the first update in a week. Took a week to get from PA. to Memphis, TN. I'm starting to think I could have walked to PA and got it quicker than the USPS can get it here. If it ends up 800-1000 miles away again I'm calling my credit card holder and disputing the charge on the condition it was supposed to have been delivered by 8/11. If the seller loses his money it's partially his fault because, he waited about a week after I paid for it before he shipped.

yworrydog and Silversides like this.
  2. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Saga #1 resolved.

I was walking thru the house and spotted the mailman at my box trying to stuff a load of mail inside. I was expecting a package from a friend of mine in PA so got excited and walked out to grab the mail...2 boxes!!!

I get inside and 1 of them is from GaG, the supposedly 10/22 and CZ527 mags that were "Returned to Sender" for insufficient address!!!

OK, USPS officially doesn't have a clue what they are doing. My address was clearly printed on the mailing label, God what clowns.

I tried to cal GaG to cancel the 2nd shipment but they're closed, may call them Monday but I keep thinking of all the aggravation of this whole episode and want to get greedy. I'm sure I'll call Monday to put an end to saga #2.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Finally got in touch with FedEx. I am going to Nashville for a land navigation/map reading class. I am going to their terminal to pick it up.

Dubar and OldOutlaw like this.
  4. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Good luck Trashy!

5. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

My package finally arrived this morning after travelling the US and being 11 days late.

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Wut? You're old and you drive truck! How can you not read a map?

7. Same here. I just told a seller to jam it this morning due to USPS. Tracking said they delivered it....not to me....prolly to the deliverer. I just bought a gun contingent it would not ship USPS. Then, in all their wisdom our "representatives" give the bastards 25 BILLION because somebody is whining about ballots. I say let them fall for good if they can't compete.

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

That's the congress. The Kentucky Gobbler/Mud Turtle claims it ain't happen'n in the senate. If he does, Trump says he will veto it.

Silversides likes this.
  9. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Well, well, well! I had 1000 rounds of ammo ship from Targetsports on the 24th. It tracked to my local terminal. It was scheduled for delivery today.
    Now, I get another email from UPS stating new expected delivery on 8/31. Reason? "We have incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay."

I have had two other notices like this in last 3 or so months. One finally showed up two weeks late. Cause it went from Midwest to West Coast, to East Coast, and then back here. One was flat lost.

But this time it is ammo and I'm gonna guess it never will be found. I am having problems with both UPS and Fedex. USPS doing better for me!

10. So if I were to ship about 700 rounds of .300 Blackout ammunition across the United States in the future which service should I use? I was thinking it should be United Parcel Service.

11. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

United Parcel Service just screwed me over. Just moments ago I got another email about my ammo. Seems it was shipped from my local terminal EAST to Indianapolis, Ind. WTF is that about!

12. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Pony Express?!?!?!?! I don't think trains carry mail anymore or at least not like they use to. Of course with the way the convoluted railroad is in this country in would probably take 2 weeks to get from San Diego to Washington DC and then you'd still have to get it to your residence. The last month has been awful trying to depnd on UPS, Fedex, and USPS, and I don't want anyone to mention DHL, they've never gotten it right.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  13. Maybe I should just ship 240 rounds of .300 Blackout to them to see if it gets there. Better to lose 240 rounds than all 700 rounds.

14. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

You can put insurance on the whole shebang and not "lose" anything.

ajole and Rerun like this.
  15. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

UPS is easiest when shipping ammo, only other choice is fedex but I have had terminal managers hassle me about it being ammo even after I pointed out their own rules on shipping it.

16. A Trillion is the new Billion so it isn't enough to worry about....my ass.

17. I've bought a gun and some ammo from Reeds Sports in Minnesota (north of the crazies in Minneapolis) and geez those people deliver FAST. When the next batch of zombie / liberal- boy buckshot gets here, I'll pay attention to how it is shipped. They didn't pay me to say this but they are the best place I've ever done business with on GB. Now, things should blow up since saying that....

18. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

I sold a VCR/DVD combo deck on eBay. Double boxed it, packed the Hell out of it. Shipped to a town about 30 miles away. FedEx managed to break it...

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  19. TNTRAILERTRASH

Got 3 cases of ammo from UPS in the same day. The box of 9's was damaged. Turned out it was the outer box only. Yay SGammo!

OldOutlaw likes this.
  20. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I used to work in a TV repair shop... fedex came in and said "I need you to sign for some boxes." What boxes? Where are they? "I left them by the back door.." Well I have to verify them... I get back there and he wanted me to sign for a picture tube with fork lift tracks over the middle of the box and it was 2" tall! Glass dribbling out the corner... um no dude load that back on your truck, shipment refused!

Zorba, 1024Megabytes and Rerun like this.