USPS is Terrible

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Oaktree45, May 19, 2020.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I’d ship UPS, with insurance.
    USPS is too much of a mess.

Silversides likes this.
  2. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Ordered some "T" Hex wrenches the other day off Amazon, said delivery would be Monday.

Get a note that they will be delivered today between 10:30 and 12:30. It was close to 10:30 so I checked the front porch, nada.

By the time I walked back to the bedroom Alexa was glowing, saying the package had been delivered. I walked back to the front door...nada. I checked on my Ipad for the status and they had a photo of the package on a front porch that wasn't mine :duh:

So I call Amazon and get the "-Stan of the week" who I can barely understand. So she says all she can do is a reorder and I say "You can't call the driver? He's still in or close to the neighborhood." So she says "I'll put you thru to dispatch, as we can't do that here" and put me on hold.

I got looking at the photo of the front porch again and noticed it looked just like the neighbors porch, so while I was waiting to speak to the dispatcher I wander over and sure enough, my package was on his porch.

10-15 minutes had passed, I had my package in my hands so I just hung up.

What is Christmas going to be like?!?!?!

Silversides likes this.

3. Sad but true. I won't go into a post office unless absolutely necessary. I can't stand to be near the bad attitudes and obvious entitlement projection. The guy that delivers my mail is a good guy. I asked him one day how he can work with the rest of the bunch and he said he just comes to work, does his job, and joins in on our neighborhood watch. Such contrast. And Christmas is going to be ho, ho, ho for your neighbors.....

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Try having a house behind you with the same address. Except for a A added. Same mailman for years still manages to fuck it up at least weekly

Dubar likes this.
  5. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Well, my thousand rounds of ammo just showed up. UPS recovered it and got it here today. Four days late, but they got it back to town and delivered it finally.

moona11 likes this.
  6. I ordered 2 magaiznes from Kel Tec on the night of Sept 1st. They shipped on Sept 2nd from Florida and were at my house this morning Sept 4th in NC.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  7. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Reading these posts got me thinking... I don’t think I’ve ever had a utility or tax bill get misplaced or rerouted, funny how that works :rolleyes:

adam01364 and Pistolkitty like this.
  8. sandog

sandog Member

I have had good luck with USPS in the past but they seem to be getting worse.
    I ordered a prism scope from Primary Arms last week.
    It was sent from Houston and made it to to Phoenix at Midnight on Thursday.

Phoenix is 100 miles from my house. I checked tracking last evening and the package had been sent to Raleigh, NC. ?????? WTF ??????

9. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Maybe Antifa's been messing with their maps :p

10. Nah. They only know how to throw bricks, burn stuff, hurt cops and just be a deadly nuisance. Send them to Siberia and throw away the keys.

11. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

I ordered a new stereo head unit for my Jeep on Aug 12. Received the reshipment that I had to fight Amazon about, 2 days ago...

12. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Up until the virus thing, all of them around here were very reliable. I wonder how many workers have been affected by Covid, or is something else going on? Is it the interaction between USPS, Fedex, and UPS, where they are transferring packages from one another, have their tracking systems been hacked, or has the workforce just said to hell with it? Most of my delivery folks are older and have been the usual ones I've seen for the past couple of years, not a bunch of young newbies who can't read a house address. Maybe they haven't gotten a raise in the last year, or their benefits have been cut? Whatever it is there's been a noticeable decline in efficiency the past 6-8 months.

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

The package business has sky rocketed this year. It was already climbing with Amazon climbing in sales. I prefer USPS over FedEx, and Amazon delivery.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Hmmmm...

Something like this is the only way I'm gonna get into a 7.62x51 unless I grab one off a victim of the latest turmoil or sumthin' :rotfl:

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Hehee

16. My 300 rounds of 32 acp came from Cabela's. Delivered by Fed Ex on Sunday. Sunday?? And the Sunday before Labor Day at that.

Visper and OldOutlaw like this.
  17. I ordered a completed AR-15 lower receiver. It came in a timely manner from United Parcel Service to a licensed dealer but the box it was shipped in was destroyed. The merchandise was fine though. I took it out to the shooting range and fired about forty-five rounds of 124 grain .300 Blackout with it and had no issues.

Silversides likes this.
  18. I guess the USPS is good for accuracy then? They aren't getting any other good press here. Oh, my local postman is a nice guy. I think some of them just work with the system they have. I should have been a mail deliverer.

undeRGRound likes this.
  19. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

I've been tracking a USPS package coming from IL to KY ever since early last week. Last Friday it was in a town about 35 miles from my house. Here it is Tuesday night and it still hasn't been delivered. I've been to that town twice since the package got there. I guess I should have just stopped by the PO and picked it up. The PO can't even deliver a package in a timely manner. How are they going to keep track of and deliver millions of election ballots?

1024Megabytes likes this.
  20. They aren't going to. That's the real, "not so secret plan".

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    1024Megabytes likes this.