USPS is Terrible

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Oaktree45, May 19, 2020.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

UPS here I can walk in the building any time and request my package. If it's on a truck or on the line they will grab it for me. They do not advertise this nor will they give out their office phone number.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

9am-9pm for me. I call them up and tell them I'm coming by. It's in a single wide trailer 8mi from me.

3. moona11

This is a distribution site huge warehouse.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Yep. I am going to miss the "small town" thing here in the future.

FedEx has no facility locally.

I got my MWUSA 17rd MecGar P98 mags, and my MecGar 20rd Caniks yesterday via USPS. My 3 P94 Ruger mags might get delivered today from GMWH. They're presently at the local post office.

Ordered some UTG window mags for the AR's from JSE. $14.98 USPS priority, FedEx was $4 flat rate. So FedEx got the nod.

5. September 12, 2020
    12:26 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility,
    CHATTANOOGA TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER

The fuck. It was there for 3 days then arrived to Knoxville Distribution Center and now back to Chattanooga Distribution Center... :fight::duh::headbang:

@TNTRAILERTRASH ; is there some sort of emergency/disaster going on in your State???? :lurk:

6. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Fedex and UPS will drop stuff off at the city office if they "can't find the house" aka are lazy and want to be quick through town and the city clerk calls and lets me know it is there.

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

*Admin Voice* Take your bitching about politics to the Dark Rooms. Not every thread needs to turn political or religious.

8. moona11

FedEx is 100 miles away. If they don't get to your house by the end of the day they drive back and you hope they get you by tomorrow.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  9. Finally. Got my giant cone of Coyote Brown T70/ 69 Size nylon thread. The kicker? It was packaged in a flat rate Priority Mail envelope :rolleyes: again seller not at fault for USPS screw ups.

10. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Amazon SUX!!!

I ordered 3 battery packs Thursday, arrived Friday, YEEPEE I thought.
    I grab the package off the porch, NOTHING inside :mad::punch::duh:. The driver even sent a photo of the package and you can tell it's flat as a pancake. Yellowish envelope had a knife cut about 3" on one side where someone took out the battery packs. I had checked the porch no more than 30 minutes earlier. From looking at the photo the driver took, I think it's plainly noticeable that it's flat, each battery pack is 1.1"x1.1"x4.7" long so a nice lump would be showing. I can't believe the driver didn't notice, unless she/he was the one that did the cutting.
    I called Amazon and ripped them, demanded my money back which was over $50. The supervisor I talked to credited my CC plus gave me a voucher for $30, but it's for Amazon so I doubt I'll ever use it. If I do ever do business with them again I'll make sure I spend up to the penny on that voucher and nothing more.
    I told my kids that if they want anything for Christmas it better be in a local store because I doubt I'll be using Amazon any time soon.

amazon package 18 Sept 2020.jpeg

OldOutlaw likes this.
  11. Twisty

Twisty Simple by choice Supporting Member

So you are $30 ahead after one call? That sounds like pretty good customer service to me.

12. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Yeah but I doubt the $30 will do me much good if they can't deliver. $30 of nothing is still nothing.

Either they have a thief for a driver or a thief in the distribution warehouse where the driver picked it up, or both.

13. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    So not only did your package show signs of tampering after it was mailed and with a single phone call Amazon not only immediately refunded your money, they also gave you an additional $30 credit for your troubles? And not only do you blame Amazon, you are angry enough with them to vow to never use their service again? Well, other than using the free $30 right? Yup. Sounds like a fair and well thought out reaction to me.

14. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Yes, that is correct, thank you.

Of the most recent 5 purchases with Amazon, 3 have been messed up. This one, the previous one they dropped off at another address, and the 3rd of the 5 was the wrong item. I guess if they were a baseball player, a .400 average would be Hall Of Fame, but in the real world it sux. THEY have a problem which needs to be fixed, either the driver or in the distro warehouse like I said.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  15. My USPS Priority Mail 1-3 Business Day Saga:

09/14/20 01:12 PM Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item BANGOR, ME
    09/15/20 10:42 PM Accepted at USPS Origin Facility BANGOR, ME
    09/15/20 11:57 PM Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility SOUTHERN ME DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/16/20 01:54 AM Departed USPS Regional Facility SOUTHERN ME DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/16/20 04:07 AM Arrived at USPS Regional Facility SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/16/20 04:26 AM Departed USPS Regional Facility SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/16/20 07:11 AM Out for Delivery GREENFIELD, MA 01301
    09/17/20 06:14 PM USPS picked up item GREENFIELD, MA 01301
    09/17/20 06:32 PM Departed Post Office GREENFIELD, MA 01301
    09/17/20 11:54 PM Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility BOSTON MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/18/20 01:47 AM Departed USPS Regional Facility BOSTON MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/18/20 03:17 AM Arrived at USPS Regional Facility SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/18/20 05:07 AM Departed USPS Regional Facility SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/18/20 06:55 AM Arrived at Post Office GREENFIELD, MA 01301
    09/18/20 07:10 AM Forwarded GREENFIELD, MA
    09/19/20 01:50 AM Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility NASHUA NH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/19/20 07:53 AM Departed USPS Regional Facility NASHUA NH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/19/20 09:57 AM Arrived at USPS Regional Facility SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/20/20 05:07 AM Arrived at USPS Regional Facility JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    09/20/20 09:25 AM Departed USPS Regional Facility JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

I confirmed the shipped had my address correct.
    Maybe I'll get it by Tuesday. Or not.

16. Update: My package is "out of delivery". Fingers crossed.

17. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Good luck!!! I usually don't have problems with USPS, at least prior to 6 months ago. The past 6 months have been iffy except for daily mail delivery. Packages seem to be what's taking a hit from all of them.

adam01364 and OldOutlaw like this.
  18. I got it. Unbelievable.

fatal-bert33 and Dubar like this.
  19. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Was it pissed? I mean it went all the way to Greenfield to surprise you and you not only ran and hid at the other end of the East Coast, you made it come and find you. If I was that package, I'd be pissed.

Twisty likes this.
  20. Sounds like you have a localized problem.

We get amazon deliveries almost every day, for three years. No missing items, no one throws our packages (and they must come up the driveway and around the garage to get to our porch), and one mis-delivery that went to my nextdoor neighbor.

If your delivery vehicle isn’t branded Amazon it’s an independent carrier. If enough people report them, they’ll lose their contract.

I have worse service from USPS. Ongoing, frequent problems regardless of who the delivery person is.

Good luck.