Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought in 79 or 80 a brand new High Standard Target Pistol. It just looked neat and fancy. Knew nothing about it at all except it was for 22LR. I probably shot 200 to 300 rounds through it the first year or two I had it. Been a safe gun since. Condition is like new. 5.5" barrel.

It turns out this "Victor" pistol is one of the finest Competition Target pistols ever made. The whole grip area is same angle as a 1911 and safety on left side as a 1911. This is the ML series for Military design I think. All original and as it came out of its box. Not a lot made. Oh, and this is not one of that Texas outfits guns either!

I have no need for it and think I will sell it. One similar but with only a 4" barrel is bid at $1000 on GB today. I'm in shock almost. I see only

Do you know of anyone I can contact with a Blue Book and can look it up for me??

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,998 Posts
Got one in town here listed for $1,100 as a consignment...
Been sitting a while, too. I'd say that is the "book value"
(your model looks a bit different) but apparently no one
is "paying book" ;)

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got one in town here listed for $1,100 as a consignment...
Been sitting a while, too. I'd say that is the "book value"
(your model looks a bit different) but apparently no one
is "paying book" ;)
That is my problem. What is book for an all original like new. I only have seen one
recently on GB that is still original as manufactured. Most of them there have after market grips, painted sights, etc. Some really "different grips" I must say. :)

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,998 Posts

The $1100 local consignment... Model 107,
extra barrel and 2 mags it appears.

Visper has the blue-book membership!

Oh, VISPER!!!

;)

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,998 Posts
ummm, yeah, I said your's looks diff. and said that was a model 107
:confused: :p

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, one like new. Just as is mine. The 4" I was watching just sold a couple of hours ago for $1000. Not as good of shape either.

I have looked over many pages and there just are not many around in this condition.
I see some 5.5" Victor pistols that look good at first glance. Then you see the gold worn badly or off the triggers. Some have some funny looking blue jobs. A lot of after market grips. Oh, and Victors with out the front weight that came with them. My guess is they sold their original front balance weight. Those bloody weights are $95 each and on up for a repro one. :eek:

I'm going to look on some other Auction boards for a reference. But looks like due to Model and condition, I can probably get $1000 with better pics than my old ones are.:)

Thank You MXGreg!!!!!!!

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
OK... sorry I'm so late!!! ***Edited Found more info in another book**
First Old Outlaw.

104 series Victor
Slab sided barrels with either vented or solid ribs. Checkered walnut grips. Groove front/back straps on frame. fewer than 600 made with slant grips. Fewer than 40 made 4.5". Most guns in serial # range above 2401XXX with few in ML serial number series. Early ribbed barrels where steel with later models aluminum.

EXC: $2750
VG: $1500
Good: $600

+$75 for steel ribs vs aluminum/+$200 for solid rib (not vented)/+$200 for 4.5" barrel

Box and papers add 15% to value.

Now for Mole.

107 series

Early models marked "Victor" on the left side of the barrel. Later models marked "Victor" on the frame. Some rare transition models marked in both areas. Slab sided barrels with either vented or solid ribs. Checkered walnut grips. Stippled front/back straps on frame. Early models alum, later models steel ribs.

Exc.: $775
VG: $500
Good: $350

$140 premium for Hamden guns (7 digit serial numbers, ML prefix serial numbers below ML 25,000)

+$125 for steel ribs/+$125 for solid ribs/+$125 for 4.5" barrel

Box with papers brings 12% premium.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
I have the book open, so if you have more info I can get you a better idea. But I think you have a winner there Outlaw!! Hope you didn't fall over.

Series 104 and 107 are the only ones with Victor Models.

Well except for when they changed to High Standard Manufacturing Co. - Houston Texas

But those are only 4.5" barrels and worth $625 to $350.

Now my standard disclaimer. Everything is only worth what someone will pay for it!!

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Wait missed one...

SH series models

Like series 107 except new take down, only available in 5.5" barrel. Box and papers add 10%

Exc.: $575
VG: $360
Good: $250

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This one is Victor on the frame. ML67xxx. This run started in late 1979 and ended in
1981. Model # I think is 9217. Started at 25,xxx and ran through 86,xxx.
Notice my barrel. It was made after those fluted barrels as Mole shows.

Then they went to the SH series.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
OK... So looks like yours is a Series 107.

SH series did follow that one. Then the High Standard Manufacturing co - Houston Texas followed that.

The series 104 looks like the Jackpot.

***Update***
Yeah its a series 107 - you have the stippled front/back straps on your frame also - just looked closer at the pic. Sorry Outlaw, was hoping it was a series 104...

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Mole,

Send me better pics of the one you have so I can zoom in. Since yours is different I would like to see which one it is. If his is a 107 I'm curious on what the one you found is.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Looks like 104's have a 7 digit (some with ML pre) serial numbers. 107's have 6 digit.

I updated my original post with additional info also. Lots of "adders" to the cost also.

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So looks like the grand total is $1008.00 Outlaw, yours is in excellent condition - even more so if you ask me - so you maybe be able to get $1100-1200 easy.

Did I mention I love using these books that I invest in :D:D
I am thinking so from what I see even some less than mine go for at auction.

Notice on mine, it is part of a run that only has 5 digits in the serial number. I kind of think this run was where they went to the slab sided, rounded top and bottom barrel instead of fluted. Also, to an all steel magazine base instead of the Red plastic one.
Can't tell for certain. Fascinating. I had NO idea this thing was worth what it is. Seems most all High Standards in good shape are valuable.

Thank you so much Visper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts