Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
What next, is Hornady going to start making wooden bullets? Or Full Garlic Jacket loads? :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
127 Posts
You know... I really don't think they meant all that seriously, guys. Just like the sword catalogues that sell the highlander swords, and excaliburs, and such - they aren't REALLY trying to pass them off as the real thing, and I don't think anyone who has ever bought one has made that mistake.

That gun is the artwork of a master, and shouldn't be scoffed at just because they made up some backstory with theatrics to go along with it. I know I don't have anything nearly so fine in my collection. I've never handled or even SEEN a gun as fine as that, and I've had the good fortune to handle and examine some outrageous beretta side by sides. It's incredible to see a weapon so lavishly embellished without compromising the utility of the design.

If you overlook that just because they put it in a coffin case with novelty items and mention Dracula, then to me that's kinda sad. It's a weapon that is as beautiful as it is deadly, and that's the whole point, isn't it? There's no compromise there with form OR function. Incredible.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It makes for a neat conversational piece I'm sure. I always liked the stories of vampires and the like when I was a child and would love to have it. The idea that it was a vampire slaying gun is just a myth no doubt, but imagine the looks at the range. Truthfully if something with fangs flies in my window and trys to suck my neck I'm probably going to throw something at it first and not go looking for a special vampire gun tho. I might try to stake it...with a louisville slugger. But still, it's a pretty cool piece in my book.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know, right? Like I said, I've gotten, through family, to handle some masterful creations out of the Beretta custom shop in the forms of ridiculously embellished side by side shotguns. Not a huge shotgun fan, so they weren't my style, but the beauty and detail in them is undeniable. The Beretta engravers are some of the best in the world. But I've never seen anything up close that was even NEAR this quality. And that's saying something, I think.

·
Registered
773 Posts
What an outstanding piece of functional artwork. And artwork it truly is. Engraving of that caliber is a true artform. Wish I could afford to buy it. :'( :'(

·
Registered
762 Posts
What next, is Hornady going to start making wooden bullets? Or Full Garlic Jacket loads? :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:
They actually have wooden bullets for the 6.5x55 rifles. I am thinking about picking up these for target practice and plinking, and keeping the ball ammo for any hunting or.....other things that may come down the pipe. Dunno what kind of accuracy you get out of wooden bullets though. :thinking:

·
Registered
127 Posts
They actually have wooden bullets for the 6.5x55 rifles. I am thinking about picking up these for target practice and plinking, and keeping the ball ammo for any hunting or.....other things that may come down the pipe. Dunno what kind of accuracy you get out of wooden bullets though. :thinking:
Accurate enough that they made the Turks stop using them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
now that is beautiful mabey some day just mabey... :yes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.