Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,283 Posts
I like the idea of having a 9mm because ammo is more readily available, which may be a boon if the SHTF.

Being able to share ammo and mags is a big benefit, though...

I can't decide. That is why I got a JCP and a C9, as well as the 995, and I may well get a 4095 when the new stock becomes available. :p

· Registered
1,283 Posts
well, I think it's important to have at least one gun that ISN'T the most common caliber of it's gun-type, because wont that stuff go/be used the fastest? On the one hand it might be easier to find but on the other hand it's going to be the stuff places run out of first no?
That may be partly true, but take the current situation: in my locale, I can still find 9mm, but .380 has been impossible to find for weeks now, .40 S&W is hard to come by, as is .45 ACP. I do not remember the last time I saw .38 Special rounds for sale. Of course, this is an atypical situation that we are in currently, but I have to wonder if it is a preview of what would happen come SHTF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.