Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I currently have a hp .40, now the question I ask myself (when the new stocks come out of course) do I buy a 9mm for cheap shooting and ammo commonality/variation? or Do I get a .40 so I can share mags/consistency?

In a SHTF scenario it would seem like both would have their pros and cons...

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I think it's important to have at least one gun that ISN'T the most common caliber of it's gun-type, because wont that stuff go/be used the fastest? On the one hand it might be easier to find but on the other hand it's going to be the stuff places run out of first no?

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, I think it's important to have at least one gun that ISN'T the most common caliber of it's gun-type, because wont that stuff go/be used the fastest? On the one hand it might be easier to find but on the other hand it's going to be the stuff places run out of first no?
That may be partly true, but take the current situation: in my locale, I can still find 9mm, but .380 has been impossible to find for weeks now, .40 S&W is hard to come by, as is .45 ACP. I do not remember the last time I saw .38 Special rounds for sale. Of course, this is an atypical situation that we are in currently, but I have to wonder if it is a preview of what would happen come SHTF.
fair enough, but I can say in my area, 9mm and .45 are all but non-existent :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.