Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Auto-Ordnance 1911 a few weeks back at the gun show. This was my first ever handgun.
After I got it, I was poking around over at the 1911 forums and I saw a thread by a guy who makes aggressive 1911 grips. As soon as I saw these, I had to have them.
A lot of people think the grips look ugly, but being a Hi-Point owner, I see beauty in all things.

The grips are called VCD (Vaya con Dios) and are available here: http://www.vcdgrips.com/. Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
oh those are sooo ugly they're beautiful! seriously!
they look especially nice on that pistol, good pics.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
so tell us more about them. they look pretty dang grippy. Have you had a range session yet to see if they wear on your hand too much? I really dig the looks of them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello all,

I haven't had a chance to take them out to the range yet, but I will post here when I do. From just holding them, I can say they are very comfortable. I have not had the ability to try many grips for a 1911 (this being my first handgun) but from the feel of it, they seem to be a good compromise between grip and comfort. The guy who makes them even sends a kit (sandpaper + instructions) that allows you to cut down on the aggressiveness of the grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts