Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys. well i'm waiting for my 995ts to show up and have been playing with quick load and punching some numbers to find a load for the carbine. one load that has caught my eye is a 90 grain gold dot with power pistol which shows a max velocity in the 2100 fps range and a very impressive 900 lb/ft of energy at the muzzle. also shows that it has a maximum point blank range of 125-150 yards. still shows 340lb/ft of energy at 125yards. seems like a fun rabbit/coyote load. my general plinking load will be a 124 grain @ 1450fps and even thinking about a 158 grain lswc subsonic load ~1040fps 380 lb/ft with unique powder. the slower buring power pistol powder seems to be very promising with the lighter bullets/longer barrel.

looking foward to having some fun with the hi-point once I get it. would appreciate any insight or opinion's on reloading for the 995

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I'm loading a 124g LRN boolit in front of HP-38 for mine and have been satisfied with the results. Great thing about the 9mm is that there are 100's of combos to try. I just like a heavy boolit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.