Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
24,334 Posts
As a free country, we've never faced a situation where our own government is truly at the edge, poised to start trying to take major civil liberties away from us. I say start... of course, last year they began a massive governmental overreach with all of the Covid lockdowns, mandates, and restrictions. The gun laws being proposed now are the most draconian ever proposed. And that's just the beginning for them.

It's hard to wrap your mind around the possibility that we, as a nation, may have to push back on a government that's getting entirely too comfortable with their ever-increasing power grabs. At least the democrats aren't trying to hide their intentions. A disarmed population is a compliant population. Politicians no longer believe they work for the people. They believe the people exist to be ruled. It's troubling they have managed to get as far with it as they have with so little resistance.
Little thing called the Civil War says that at some point in time, a portion of our free country got pissed off enough at federal overreach as to feel their liberty was being stripped away from them in such a manner that they decided to organize and enact a secession which included a full blown war.

Our country formed on the premise of bucking an oppressive and tyrannical government. A sarcastic person might even say that the third time's a charm.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
If gun owners want to keep their guns, y'all need to come up with something better than; "shall not be infringed" and "well statistically you can't prove more bullets means more bodies in a mass shooting event."
Little thing called the Civil War says that at some point in time, a portion of our free country got pissed off enough at federal overreach as to feel their liberty was being stripped away from them in such a manner that they decided to organize and enact a secession which included a full blown war.

Our country formed on the premise of bucking an oppressive and tyrannical government. A sarcastic person might even say that the third time's a charm.
Indeed. Indeed.

·
Registered
349 Posts

Sure, as a fantasy, probably lots of people imagine what a second civil war might look like. But to imagine it in real, actual terms? I don't think anyone knows what that would be like. Who would you shoot in a civil war? Who would be shooting back at us? Police? National Guard? Special forces? Where would these battles take place? Wal Mart? Malls? Back yards in neighborhoods?

Not to say that can't happen. If things get desperate enough, I imagine they could. I don't think anyone has actually thought about what life would become if shots were being fired at, and taken, from government forces. In all likelihood, it will be piecemeal, with the government picking people off one by one. Probably using red flag laws and calling anyone who resists them "terrorists."

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sure, as a fantasy, probably lots of people imagine what a second civil war might look like. But to imagine it in real, actual terms? . . . Who would you shoot in a civil war? Who would be shooting back at us? Police? National Guard? Special forces? Where would these battles take place? Wal Mart? Malls? Back yards in neighborhoods?
I see a lot of fighting over food, clean water and shelter. Trucks will stop delivering goods and people will kill each other mainly for food and water.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I see a lot of fighting over food, clean water and shelter. Trucks will stop delivering goods and people will kill each other mainly for food and water.
At that point, you're describing a grid-down anarchy. If things get that bad, it becomes a question of what actions the government will take to restore order. I doubt they will sit by idly as people kill each other. There will be martial law and NG troops deployed to keep some kind of order. However, it is likely that a lot would have to happen to lead up to that kind of scenario, though.

I think if things get to the point that we're sleeping with our rifles and any kind of actual conflicts are going on, it's going to be a lot more subtle than people expect.

·
Administrator
24,334 Posts
Sure, as a fantasy, probably lots of people imagine what a second civil war might look like. But to imagine it in real, actual terms? I don't think anyone knows what that would be like. Who would you shoot in a civil war? Who would be shooting back at us? Police? National Guard? Special forces? Where would these battles take place? Wal Mart? Malls? Back yards in neighborhoods?

Not to say that can't happen. If things get desperate enough, I imagine they could. I don't think anyone has actually thought about what life would become if shots were being fired at, and taken, from government forces. In all likelihood, it will be piecemeal, with the government picking people off one by one. Probably using red flag laws and calling anyone who resists them "terrorists."
Anybody who's seen combat doesn't need to imagine it, we've lived it. .Gov will be coming in with a surround and drown approach. Green, yellow, and red zones around any major city. Restricted travel, mandatory individual documentation, armed patrols and convoys, airspace control, media blackouts, you name it.

Command and control will be executed and the people on the left who are currently screaming about how the Fed needs to step in and regulate all of us deplorables will be crushed under the same boot heel while the people with wealth and power will become the ruling elite and live in their ivory towers.

It's not that hard to imagine really.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
An amicable split is feasible. Any scenario will start with states asserting independence of some level or another. There won't be any little bands of freedom fighters running around blowing up federal buildings. Those kinds of insurgent movements will be compromised before they gain any sort of momentum.

State governments will be the ones who open this up. If they do, no one is going to stop them with force. No one will have the stomache for shooting at people wearing uniforms similar to theirs. And if they do develop the stomache for it, the USD will die as a reserve currency, and they won't be able to afford to service the existing debt as people demand a minimum of 10% for Treasuries. They won't be able to afford to stop an amicable split.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Of course you do. So did the Founding Fathers. You just don't want it to be the solution.
People need to wake up to THAT reality.

That's not their reason.

That's their sorry assed illogical lame excuse, their rationale for doing what they want, which is bypassing the constitution and limiting your rights, to gain power.
I said it's their reason. That's fact.

It's not a good, valid, functional one, but it's what they'll tell you is their reason for any and all gun restrictions.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Anybody who's seen combat doesn't need to imagine it, we've lived it. .Gov will be coming in with a surround and drown approach. Green, yellow, and red zones around any major city. Restricted travel, mandatory individual documentation, armed patrols and convoys, airspace control, media blackouts, you name it.

Command and control will be executed and the people on the left who are currently screaming about how the Fed needs to step in and regulate all of us deplorables will be crushed under the same boot heel while the people with wealth and power will become the ruling elite and live in their ivory towers.

It's not that hard to imagine really.
Thank you for your service. My two oldest are mil, one actively deployed. I worry about them mixed up in this mess somehow.

A scenario like you described would be endgame stuff. By that time, the gloves would be off and all of the cards would be on the table. I think we have quite a ways to go before we see something like that play out on American soil and against the civilian population. Obviously, at that point, we would have some decisions to make about what we were witnessing. That would be a clear, obvious, hostile tyranny taking over the country. It's one thing to see that on the battlefield. It's another thing entirely for any American government to implement that against its own citizens. If we actually get that far, there will no longer be an American government in control anymore. It will be a hostile occupating force. Hopefully the country would simply peacefully divide before something like that happened.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
Thank you for your service. My two oldest are mil, one actively deployed. I worry about them mixed up in this mess somehow.

A scenario like you described would be endgame stuff. By that time, the gloves would be off and all of the cards would be on the table. I think we have quite a ways to go before we see something like that play out on American soil and against the civilian population. Obviously, at that point, we would have some decisions to make about what we were witnessing. That would be a clear, obvious, hostile tyranny taking over the country. It's one thing to see that on the battlefield. It's another thing entirely for any American government to implement that against its own citizens. If we actually get that far, there will no longer be an American government in control anymore. It will be a hostile occupating force. Hopefully the country would simply peacefully divide before something like that happened.
It takes less than you realize before it starts looking ugly. Look what happened with the cowboys. Feds could barely contain both situations with that family. Then look at what's happened the last couple of years. The government on all levels can not even deal with riots from groups of soft ass kids and their dipshit parents.
Look at any country. Once you lose the faith of your population you lose control of them. Democrats thought the protesters were with them. And they are finding out. They are not. Right wing protesters or even middle ground protesters have not really even bothered to go out and fuck shit up. Once they do. Its game over.
The Capital thing was a joke. Nothing really happened. And look at the fear its caused members in government. They know its coming and they can't control or stop it.

Its going to happen if shit doesn't stop soon.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
. I think we have quite a ways to go before we see something like that play out on American soil and against the civilian population. Obviously, at that point, we would have some decisions to make about what we were witnessing. That would be a clear, obvious, hostile tyranny taking over the country. It's one thing to see that on the battlefield. It's another thing entirely for any American government to implement that against its own citizens
20,000 US military troops behind barbed wires and fences around the Capitol might be defined as that very same thing you are talking about, from a certain point of view :rolleyes:

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,944 Posts
Troops that .gov wanted pre-screened for loyalty.
Which in and of itself should raise a red flag to themselves for what they are going to do to this country... if they weren't a cluster [email protected]@k and actually cared about the constitution they wouldn't have to worry about troop loyalty because they take an oath to uphold said constitution.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It takes less than you realize before it starts looking ugly. Look what happened with the cowboys. Feds could barely contain both situations with that family. Then look at what's happened the last couple of years. The government on all levels can not even deal with riots from groups of soft ass kids and their dipshit parents.
Look at any country. Once you lose the faith of your population you lose control of them. Democrats thought the protesters were with them. And they are finding out. They are not. Right wing protesters or even middle ground protesters have not really even bothered to go out and fuck shit up. Once they do. Its game over.
The Capital thing was a joke. Nothing really happened. And look at the fear its caused members in government. They know its coming and they can't control or stop it.

Its going to happen if shit doesn't stop soon.
truth! can you imagine what ,even 25-50 heavily armed pissed off determined guys could do? add some training or military background and it could get real. quick , fast , and in a hurry. i hope to God we never see such things . but myself , like many others see us headed in that direction. i honestly dont think they could do much against several thousand practicing guerilla type tactics . if it was tens of thousands ......game over

21 - 34 of 34 Posts