Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
NAW Just move the border of South Carolina north a bit..... say to Virginia :lol:

Here in South Cakolaki no permit to buy, easy CCW, nice gun laws. Used to be a law you could only buy 1 gun per month but that has been dropped. And they have very good self defence laws here.

Whadda ya other South Carolinians think chime in here
Agreed about 90%.

The two things I see that need to be changed is the incredibly long time it takes to get your CWP after class completion and the ignorant "melting point" law. If they can background check me for purchase in less than five minutes, why does it take three months to background check for a permit? And I'm not an expert, but my guess is that the poly frames on my wife's Glock 22 and Ruger LCP (and of course our beloved HPs) would melt at a lower temp than the 800 degree Fahrenheit requirement that won’t allow me to purchase a JA-22 or HP-22 over the counter because they melt at 729.

Other than that, SC is a very gun friendly state. My brother-in-law from Chicago was just here and couldn’t believe we could just walk into the FLGS and purchase any gun on the spot with nothing more than a credit card and ID or that we could just go out behind my house to the bottom corner of our property and blast shotguns into the wood pile all day long without the cops showing up.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It would be nice to be able to have a loaded gun in the car, in Okla you can have it, but it has to be unloaded and the ammo in a different part of the car, preferably locked up :(
Fat lot of good that does you....It sure is nice when the advantage is HANDED to criminals.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Tell me about it. You could always bluff and act like the weapon is loaded, but if the BG has a weapon and his IS loaded you just screwed up

·
Registered
32 Posts
Y'all need to move to Arizona. The way the gun laws are here, it seems like the guv't actually WANTS us to be armed. What a change (I moved here 6 years ago from California)! CCW is easy to get and re-upping is a piece of cake. If you don't want to bother, no worries...Arizona is an open carry state. Besides your normal restrictions (no guns in bars, schools, courtrooms, etc), you can take your sidearm anywhere that isn't posted. As a general rule, I try to not patronize businesses that don't allow firearms. I think some restrictions make sense, but why does a health food store (which will remain nameless) care if I'm armed or not :roll: ?

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
If I didnt own family land here in Okla, I always dreamed of moving out in the desert somewhere in a little mobile home and just shooting out the window when I wanted to LOL

Ahhh but the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence ;)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.