Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a video about my little Jennings J-22; more specifically how to lighten the trigger pull. This how-to should work for any of that line of pistol using the sear and striker firing system, it might even work on HP weapons.

Anyway, here's the link. Feel free to leave comments, whether positive or negative, I'm always looking for ways to improve and more knowledge.

EDIT: link was broken.

G

·
Don't take offense to this mason but I couldn't finish watching the vid. I'm sure it was cool and I'm sure you did a good job buuuuuut.......... I kept wincing so much at the begining of the vid that I had to close it. :brow:
I tend to be one of those who's super safety concious when it comes to gun's. And I'm sure you knew the gun was unloaded, but I was freaking out watching you swing it around and look down the barrel with the action closed. :-(
I still have chills just thinking about it while I type this. :-(

Again, not trying to be a downer or harp on you like a jerk. :-/ But I would suggest next time that maybe you handle the gun a bit differently and also prove to your audience that it's unloaded. ;-)
It'd make me feel better atleast. ;-) lol

With that said, have you had a chance to test the trigger at the range (gravel pit) yet?
If so, how does it feel and react?

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Normally I'm not that careless with my weapons, but since I had just reassembled that one from a pile of parts I knew that there was no way it could even possibly be loaded. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but later this afternoon I'm planning on taking it out in the backyard and putting some Colibri through it to test with initially.

Just to mention, I do show the audience that it is unloaded a bit later :p

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Not withstanding the advice above, I thought it was a great vid. Thanks for taking the time to post it. As a 'student of arms' these sort of short films are truely educational to someone like me who does not have access to such guns. Please post range report when you can.

Thanks again 47,

OEK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.