Virus on a Post ?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by blkhwkfxr, Jan 24, 2008.

1. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

I was just triing to look at the post named "I made my boss a 995 convert today" and my virus alert popped up. I use Avast AV and have never experienced this in the 4 years of use. Any ideas ?

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

WOW, that was my post, WTF. Has this happened to anyone else?

3. No, AVG didn't snap on it.

4. I use mcafee - nothing popped up.

5. A.C.P.

A.C.P. Member

This has also been mentioned by another member on the Forum suggestions and complaints. Rimfirehunter is aware of that one.

6. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Well I use Nortan and the on offered by my provider and have never had anything.

Are you sure it isn't a tracking cookie warning. Websights use those to know you have been there before. Otherwise you would see ever new topic unread even if you read it already. or they would all be marked read.

Check your internet options and settings you may have it set to high.

7. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

8. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

Nothing here, using AVG and Firefox.

9. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

ok, thanks, just wanted to make sure we didn't get hacked or something. Will check my settings and drive on =)

10. neothespian

neothespian Member

AVG Antivirus running on Vista Basic under Firefox's current build.... No red flags here bro!

11. Corelogik

Corelogik Member

Using a Mac. No need for A/V.

Anyway I would be very surprised if a post to a bulletin board from someone other than an admin contained a virus.

12. I have AVG, and nothin came up about a virus

13. neothespian

neothespian Member

Myth. Macs get viruses too. The biggest issue on college campuses are hackers targeting students computers because they know there is NO protection or even firewalls being used on their systems.

It's because for Decades, Macs were toted as "Virus Free' only because they only were less than 6 percent of the entire computer market. With the increase in sales, you will see an increase in viruses. Crooks are inventive bastards, and can adapt