Virus???

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Adjuster, Jan 24, 2008.

1. My Avast anti virus is alerting me to a virus when I click on a forum thread. Anyone else getting this. VBS:Malware-gen

2. I am runnig Avast on my laptop and have not had anything popup saying it has detected a threat while viewing the forum. Wife's PC is running an active antivirus/trojan software from Charter and it does not pick up any threats either.

Next time I long onto the forum with the laptop I will pay very close attention to Avast and see if it picks up anything.

By the way, are there any particular threads doing this, if so what sections of the forum at they in. Link it here next time it happens so we can check it out.

3. I don't have that program, but my Norton doesn't pick up anything on the forum as being infected.

4. `Justin

`Justin Guest

Im with them also man, im not picking up anything virus wise, maybe its just acting up or do a thourgh check on your computer.

5. pills

pills Guest

I would bet you have spyware. Check out the link in the lounge for some good utils. Make sure you keep them as well as your antivirus software updated.

6. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I'm "cough, cough" fine. No "cough, cough" virus here.

7. I am no longer getting the virus alert on the forum.

8. Ari

Ari Guest

I does not seem to mess with my MAC 8) :wink: