Voice of America

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Think1st, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Have you ever seen something from the past that reminds you of better times in America--times when patriotism was cool? Some of those things can simultaneously make the eyes mist up, even as the heart races and the fist pumps in the air.

I ran across this while looking for another Sammy Hagar song, and it is one of those pleasant blasts from the past.

'Merica!

https://youtu.be/_c51qJ3Ad_4

2. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

No one was harmed in the making of this video.

(as bad as the A-Team)

eldar

3. Think1st

Florida
    But it sure was nice to see rockers shooting at Commies for the US of A.

Nowadays, there are no rockers, and the performers just shoot at the US of A for the Commies.

4. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Truth!

smh

:(

eldar

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I'd almost forgotten that song!
    Could it be that Sammy Hagar is not a Lib-Turd, and maybe actually
    PROUD of our country??? :eek:

6. Think1st

Florida
    That might be the case. A lot of celebrities used to be that way. It would be nice if more were, today.

7. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

The Hollywood mainliners have driven most of the straight shooters (conservatives) either underground or out of Hollywood altogether.

And, many Americans have allowed this by Not demanding better movies/TV shows.

eldar

8. Think1st

Florida
    Americans need to vote with their feat. My wife used to really enjoy "Major Crimes," but the show began to include ridiculous Leftist propaganda, and she couldn't stand watching it anymore. If more people would quit watching programs with blatant propaganda like she did, directors would be forced to change their ways.

In the end, the anti-capitalist Leftists are also ruled by the almighty Dollar that they claim to hate.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    The REAL Power behind the "leftys" IS this U$D, trash-cash FIAT Mess...
    They are one and the same. F'ed Reserve and all that.

10. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

:DThose of us that are truly genetically dispositioned as left handers find ourselves insulted and traumatized by those that declare themselves "leftys" purely as a political statement. They water down the plight and suffering we true left handers face on a daily basis with no regard to our heritage. I believe they owe us a formal apology and be forced to not tarnish the true sprit of left-handedness by declaring themselves....well, something else.:D

11. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

Support Your local Southpaw!

:D

eldar

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I have that Sammy Hagar album on vinyl out in the shop. IIRC it had "I can't drive 55" on it.

13. Think1st

Florida
    I think it does, too. "I Can't Drive 55" is another awesome song.

14. TNTRAILERTRASH

I was doing my first semi driving job back then, that was when the national speed limit was 55. It would do 72. Got my first speeding ticket on a 2 lane road in that thing. 72 in a 55zone. 4 point ticket :D

15. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Back in the last Century, I was pulled over by a Virgin State Trooper while driving a '76 AMC Gremlin heading Southbound passing the Lorton entrance on Interstate 95 at O Dark Thirty.

I knew it was a Police cruiser at once! I took my foot off the accelerator and started slowly slowing down. He slid behind me in the left lane and paced me. I signaled a right lane change, and then after a moment, another one.

When my speed met the 55 Limit, he slid right behind me and hit his lights.

We stopped on the right shoulder just over the ridgeline looking into the Town of Occoquan, Virginia.

(I had been visiting a quaint bar in Washington, DC, where the ladies danced skyclad wearing ankle chains, and stiletto shoes. There was alk involved.)

I was somewhat nervous, You bet!

The Trooper sauntered up and asked me if I knew why he had pulled me over. I replied, "Nope!"

He said, "I clocked You driving 89, 88, 87 MPH."

"Really?", I asked incredulous look on my face, "There's no way this car could go the fast! It only has a 232 CU six banger in it!"

The Trooper took my stuff back to his cruiser and after about 15 minutes returned with a ticket made out for 19 miles over the speed limit ($58.00 including court costs).

I signed it, returned his pen and pad to him, accepted my copy and after hearing hims say, "Slow down!", continued on my way.

Troopers can be nice guys!

eldar

16. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Got to see him do that song once - he was opening for ZZ Top.

17. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

I always liked Sammy; even with Van Halen. There was a rumor going around in the 90s that the song Eagles Fly was about an old WWII 101st airborne veteran remembering his glory days. I don't know if it's true, but I always think about that when I hear the song.

The video is actually kind of like the Van Halen Dreams video though.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  18. TNTRAILERTRASH

I remember it was hard to listen to the whole VOA album in one sitting. All sounded the same. Van Hagar? :rolleyes:

19. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I guess I'm the odd duck.... nothing against Sammy, but I always liked VH when DLR was with them.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Think1st

Florida
    I'll tell you what, though, that music will get me wound up if I'm feeling worn out. It might all start to sound the same, but it's a good kind of same.:cool: