Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this out with a carbine? Ive been thinking about getting one for my 870 but I wonder if and how well the carbine might fit in it. You can even strap on plenty of MOLLE mag pouches and whatnot. Might make a tight little got-a-go bag.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=543835

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know one way to find out. I'll let you know if it fits in about 7 days. I wanted one anyway.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead an ordered one. I looked at them at a recent show but didn't buy. They seem pretty solid. I believe the top is slit, so the carbine may actually fit upside down. Well we'll find out shortly.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I want one but I'm not sure if the 870 will fit with a red dot. never thought of getting it for the 995

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll take some pics and measurements when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
i have a black one i use with my mav 88 20inch. nice fit, and it slings nicely across my back or shoulder.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
it's a good fit my mav 88... i don't have any extras on this firearm, not even a sling, so i pick up one of this bags. it serves as a sling and is still fairly simple to draw the 12 gauge from the scabbard. the sling is adjustment, and material is decent. i would recommend them to anyone who isn't looking for a heavy material bag. i've also used it as a storing bag in my suv, for out of town trips. toss a soft bag over the butt, and you never knew i it was there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Negatory Ghostrider. It's a no-go with optics. It looks like it might do ok with irons. However, it does fit the 870 like a glove. One could probably be modded for a carbine with optics. It was worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
I want to get one to strap to my Eberlestock Gunslinger. That way I can have a rifle and a shotgun stored in the same pack. Actually, now that I think on it, I might get one for most of my long guns. You're right, with a couple of MOLLE pouches, every longarm in my collection could be put into grab-and-go status.

-'b

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want to get one to strap to my Eberlestock Gunslinger. That way I can have a rifle and a shotgun stored in the same pack. Actually, now that I think on it, I might get one for most of my long guns. You're right, with a couple of MOLLE pouches, every longarm in my collection could be put into grab-and-go status.

-'b
My 870 (in pic above) has an 18 1/2" bbl and it bottoms out in the end of the scabbard. I guess you could always punch a hole in the botom for the longer barrels. I was hoping it would work on her 995 but no joy with the sight.

Since it found a home with the 870 I guess I'll be needing one or two of these next. http://www.opsgear.com/MOLLE-Shotgun-Shell-Ammo-Pouch-p/cn-ma12.htm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.