Vortex Strikefire Red/Grn Dot on 995TS

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Solon, Sep 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Hello people! I've put a few hundred rounds down my stock 995TS and love the way it performs with the Ghostring sights. Still, I'm thinking about adding a Vortex Strikefire laser and wonder which style mount it would require. Vortex offers at least three different heights. Does anyone have this platform on their 995? Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.:)

2. Altic sazquatch

Altic sazquatch The Chair-Crippler Member

The size of your mount needed is based on how big the red/green dot is. If its around 30mm get a medium profile mount. Welcome to the forum.

3. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    I guess we need more info from you. Which model Vortex Strikefire has a laser?

4. My mistake...No laser, just a Red/green selectable dot.:eek:

5. Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm new to shooting and posting forums. My question is really about the problem of the high profile of the front sight. I'm guessing I'd need a high mount to get above it and I don't know how to figure out how high is optimal. I've heard some mounts allow you to still use iron sights or the Optics. Can that be done on a 995TS? I'm also open to a regular Optical scope, but price is an issue as you can tell.:D