Voting fraud in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, May 15, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Okay, first let me say that I went to totally avoid any right vs left and Democrat vs Republican politics in this thread. These sort of meanderings belong in the dark rooms and will be removed and moved with prejudice.

Now, on to the thrust of this post. I am looking for any good really solid studies or evidence cataloging and documenting the actual amount of true voter fraud going on in the US today. I need actual studies based on real information and statistics. Not "we think" and "we guess" and "it appears" or "only so many people were prosecuted or only so many people were caught." Real numbers! Has anyone been able to find them?

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

2. That would be difficult. If a crime is never discovered, it can't be tallied. We can only look at the cases we have and the ease of committing the crime. Most times when the police catch a burglar, it is not his first burglary, even if it is his first arrest. Yet we compile individual data on actual arrests, and convictions.

During the 2008 election, and 2012 here in NC one politician sent out pie recipes to voter rolls. Five percent of those turned out to have bogus addresses. Five percent his a huge amount nationwide.

Last edited: May 15, 2015

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Those stats are in the same filing cabinet as the facts on the Kennedy assassination, Hoffa's grave site, and why 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

Have there been any real criminal charges EVER filed with a conviction? Has it had an effect on the candidate in questions position?

5. what_now

what_now Member

I don't there has ever been a nation wide study on voter fraud, but I could be wrong. You will probably have to research the few States that have done State studies and extrapolate.

Yes. Remember the Acorn scandals? 18 Acorn employees convicted for various fraud charges in 2010.
    Other charges and convictions across the country:
    http://www.electionintegritywatch.com/be-informed/news-stories/

Of course not. That would make We The People question the illusion of choice in elections. ;)

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

You will have to ask the Community Organizer in Chief, I bet he would know!!!

7. budman70

budman70 Supporting Member

Acorn was not voter fraud, it was registration fraud. Big difference Acorn was the one defrauded. Those 18 people were being paid to register voters and turned in phony registration cards with Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck on them. No voter fraud is committed until Mickey and Donald show up to vote.

8. what_now

what_now Member

Wow. Smells like you pulled that quote straight out of a Huff Post article.
    "Also, unless "Mickey Mouse" shows up to vote in November, the forged form with a voter registered as the famous Disney mouse remains an example of "registration fraud," and not "voter fraud." No vote has been cast, so no real harm has been done.
    Allison Kilkenny, ACORN: They Took Our Nuts!
    Posted: 11/20/2008 5:12 am EST Updated: 05/25/2011 12:50 pm EDT

9. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

I grew up Chicago and suburbs. What's vote fraud? My late grandparents and great-grandparents never missed an election.

10. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

obamas second election, I knew damn well we had voter fraud locally. We have a city estimated 85% illegals, who have huge voter turnout.

I, as a british citizen, went to the polls, stated it was my first time voting, stated I never registered. I asked for help, they walked me through everything and got ot the point of finalizing my vote.

I calle dthe poll workers over and explained to them what I did, they said so what, I reminded them that they were required at the time to ask for my ID since I am not on the rolls, they said so what ( california has now changed it to suggesting they ask for ID)

I video taped it, and called the electoral board. Their only question, was who gave me permission to video and that I could face charges. I told them bring it, would love to give a interview on the news

11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Well done!.....

12. Pablo

Pablo Carbine Guy aka Zippy Member

We can't talk right v. left, but ONLY one side says asking for some proof of ID is racist.

And yes there was a lady (Ohio???) she was caught voting multiple times and encouraging others to do the same. In Orange County, CA an election was swung by non-citizen votes, ca 1990's.

From a shorter time perspective it people were brainwashed to think fraud would be on the right, but the reality is turning out to be different.

13. budman70

What you have a problem with fact? A phony registration card is not voter fraud.

14. what_now

what_now Member

No, I don't have a problem with fact. Your attitude, however, I do have a problem with. Unbunch your panties and get over yourself Mister High And Mighty.

There, I fixed it for you Skippy. Do you feel validated now?

15. budman70

I see you have a problem with facts. Good Bye. :)

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Sheesh I post proof and it gets ignored...

17. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

Don't you know, there's no room for proof, facts, or truth in politics. :(

18. Pablo

Pablo Carbine Guy aka Zippy Member

Seen the link before. But worth repeating in this thread!!:D:D

Again, a certain tone is trying to be set. Don't interfere with Marxists when they actually ARE working. :(:rofl:

19. what_now

what_now Member

Miami: Seven former ACORN voter registration canvassers were convicted of "false swearing-in an election," and sentenced to probation and community service and banned from participating in future political campaigns, according to court documents.

Pennsylvania: Six of seven former ACORN workers who were charged in an investigation were convicted of unsworn falsification and interference with election officials. Four have reached a plea agreement on reduced charges and will serve two years of probation. Cases against two others who entered pleas to reduced charges are pending.
    Charges against the seventh, Eric Jordan, are not being prosecuted because Jordan has pleaded guilty to much more serious charges, including aggravated assault, resisting arrest and carrying firearms without a license.

Milwaukee: Three former ACORN workers have been convicted of election fraud.
    Kevin Clancy was sentenced to 10 months in prison for his role in submitting falsified voter registration forms before the 2008 election. Clancy will start his sentence once he finishes another sentence he is currently serving for armed robbery.
    Clancy's co-worker, Maria Miles, who pleaded guilty to election fraud in August, will be sentenced on Dec. 6.
    Frank Walton pleaded guilty to submitting 54 fake voter registrations during the 2008 presidential campaign. He faces up to 42 months in prison and a $10,000 fine when he's sentenced Dec. 6.

Washington: Kendra Lynn Thill was convicted in March of voter registration fraud in the 2006 midterm election. In Nevada, a former ACORN supervisor pleaded the equivalent of a no-contest in a case alleging that canvassers were illegally paid to register voters during the 2008 campaign. But while Amy Busefink's plea acknowledges the state had evidence for a conviction at trial, her lawyer said she still plans to challenge the constitutionality of the state law prohibiting paying canvassers based on the number of voter registration forms they turn in.

There's your facts.