1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,521 Posts

·
Administrator
28,716 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that.

I feel your pain. My decades-old beater mini-van is starting to give me transmission problems. I'm going to replace it in Jan. so I borrowed my dad's sprinter.

I hope you can get it taken care of soon.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
4 hours for a tow truck? I had a blowout on my pickup an they were out within 45 minutes to change the tire for me(spare was rusted in place, told him to just cut the cable, it could live in the box instead of under it) and I live in the middle of nowhere... I pay for roadside service, getting to old and crippled to fight with a tire...

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
Wow. All the salt they put on the roads up there Mary must really get to your car. I've never had a lug nut get rusted on before.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,078 Posts
Wow. All the salt they put on the roads up there Mary must really get to your car. I've never had a lug nut get rusted on before.
She is talking about the cable holding up her spare tire. And MN does salt the crap out of their roads. Which is the number 1 reason to never buy a used car from MN. They are rusted out.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, 5 and 1/2 hours later, the tow guy showed up. He'd dropped off another vehicle South of my location and then had to join inbound rush hour traffic.

The absolute bad news is replacing the fan blade, fan clutch, water pump, both inlet and outlet water hoses and the heater hoses. Plus a gallon of antifreeze.

$993.53.

That's $2k in two weeks.

All I need now are new dash lights so I can see my gauges. Think I'll replace those myself.

Interestingly, all but one dash light burned out at once.

smh

eldar

·
Administrator
28,716 Posts
Well, 5 and 1/2 hours later, the tow guy showed up. He'd dropped off another vehicle South of my location and then had to join inbound rush hour traffic.

The absolute bad news is replacing the fan blade, fan clutch, water pump, both inlet and outlet water hoses and the heater hoses. Plus a gallon of antifreeze.

$993.53.

That's $2k in two weeks.

All I need now are new dash lights so I can see my gauges. Think I'll replace those myself.

smh

eldar
Ouch.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts

$993.53.

That's $2k in two weeks.

smh

eldar
No one light in a light string burned out and you have to test them all to find it. Think Christmas Tree light string... or just replace them all anyway because they all are old and due to die...

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
No one light in a light string burned out and you have to test them all to find it. Think Christmas Tree light string... or just replace them all anyway because they all are old and due to die...
Now it sounds like you're talking about ME!!🥴

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Water pump went South.
2nd time in 18 years.

eldar
I owned a 1994 Impala SS from Feb ‘98 to Aug 2017. I got it with 34,000 on it and a week later the water pump died. By the time I sold it with 198,000ish on the ODO, I had replaced the water pump six more times.

Well, eight if you count the one and only time I forgot to put the “water pump to camshaft” connector back in…

• Wow
Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

$993.53.

That's $2k in two weeks.

smh

eldar
The tow cost $140.

Diagnostic $69.99???

Shop fee $29.99???

eldar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts