Wallet Holsters?

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by mr_flintstone, Dec 29, 2014.

1. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

Any of you guys ever use a wallet holster for a small auto? I was considering getting one, but I'd like input on which ones might be best.

2. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

What firearm? I use one with my Keltec P3AT. As long as the slide is not covered they are legal.

3. rickm

rickm Member

I use one for my lcp380 its just a cheap cloth one i picked up at wally world over time it doesnt really conceal the gun so much cause after awhile it will form to it when i start carry it again will get a leather one to see if it is any better.

4. mr_flintstone

I have a taurus TCP . I was actually talking one like this.

Attached Files:

5. bluharley

bluharley Member

I got one of those leather pocket holster but I didn't like the added thickness, you end up adding 3/16" or more to the gun. I got a soft holster and cut the inside out down to the trigger guard, so it still looks like a wallet, but I can grab the gun easily without catching the trigger and pull it out without pulling the holster out with it. Works for me.

6. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    How about this one? Just cut a slit in an actual wallet.

[​IMG]

But I usually use an Uncle Mikes size 4.;)

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

10. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

I have a DeSantis traditional leather pocket holster called a Pocket Tuk. It has a IWB clip you can remove. You can get the holster at midway for around $20 shipped to your mailbox.
    I had a Bond that had a wallet made over it at a saddle shop for a back up. It was just to heavy to carry as a backup everyday. I ended up selling the bond. 30 years ago it would have been a great gun for me. Now I don't carry cash, I don't need 4 guns on or about me all the time.

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Got tennis shoes?

Then you need a gun.:rolleyes:

12. moona11

I like DeSantis iwb holsters to. Like them even better after they get used and broke in.

13. moona11

But I don't own tennis shoes. Do I have to give up my guns :'(

14. Tribes

Tribes Supporting Member

AZ
  15. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

I only wear Dr Scholls. No, Nike tennis shoes and my feet are to big for his girl friend to wear my boots.

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Please be more specific. What exactly do you mean by "wallet holster?"

Do you mean:
    • A more or less standard holster designed to mimic the shape of a wallet and be carried in a pocket from which the firearm is completely withdrawn before use.
      [​IMG]
    • A holster designed to encase the firearm, mimicking the shape of a wallet, in which the firearm will not be removed from the holster prior to firing.
      [​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. mr_flintstone

I know it's easy to miss a post (see post #4). I've done it myself. I'm looking for the first type of holster you mentioned, not the open slide type. I just wanted info on ones that were well built and easy to use.

I've been using a front pocket holster which works pretty good, but with some of my pants pockets, it's hard to remove the pistol quickly.

18. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I saw one of those in a video Hickok45 done on CCW. TBH, I wouldn't trust that holster for anything

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Personally, I don't like the idea. I don't really believe that you gain enough to warrant the extra hassle and possible issues associated with it.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)