Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called all Walmart stores in San Diego, out of 9mm, one store said they got a supply in a few days ago, sold out in 4 hrs, not sure of next delivery (maybe a week?). Recommended call the store on week days around 10:30 and if they had ammo in, get over before the "lunch crowd" buys it up. Also all were out of Federal 22 (550 box size).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Went to the WalMart near my house (Houston) and the guy told me he didn't have [glow=red,2,300]ANY[/glow] pistol ammo. Called the other one and basically got the same response. They tend to get re-stocked on Monday so as opposed to spending a 50% premium from Gander Mtn. I'll take my chances tomorrow at Wally World.

WR2

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the shops around you are constantly out of ammo, I suggest cheaper than dirt. Not as cheap as walmart but almost.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The last few times I have been w-m here, they have had so much ammo, that it all won't fit in their locked case. Every time I go in there I buy a couple boxes of blazer 9mm for 8.97 and a bulk box of 22lr for $10-13 depending on brand.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Man I wish the Walmarts here still sold all that ammo. I think they stopped ordering shotguns. I havent seen that many.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah, went to 2 different WM's here and no 9MM or .45. They both had .40 though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's so much gangster crime in my city the local WM no longer sells guns of any kind. Now it looks like they are trying to phase out the ammo too. :cantlook: You can go across the lake about 35 miles away and you can still get shotguns and rifles. So it may have something to do with rising gun crime and pressure put on WM by local politicians/police not to sell guns or ammo from a specific location. I think they can trace a gun from a crime scene to where it was purchased and I'll bet most in my area were from WM.

G

·
White_Russian2--
Vince at the Walmart at Spring Cypress and 249 told me they usually get ammo at 11:30 on Sundays and it only lasts 1 hour.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Vince at the Walmart at Spring Cypress and 249 told me they usually get ammo at 11:30 on Sundays and it only lasts 1 hour.
Vince ~ is he the taller older fella with the 'stache?

I've been so stocked up on ammo that running low/out on the 9mm snuck up on me.

See ya at Shilo in a few weeks!

Craig

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Someone suggested asking for a special order of ammo from WM, tried that and they said they are not taking any special orders for ammo. Still no 9mm at any of the stores

·
Registered
296 Posts
Vince ~ is he the taller older fella with the 'stache?

I've been so stocked up on ammo that running low/out on the 9mm snuck up on me.

See ya at Shilo in a few weeks!

Craig
Say wr2, you going to take the class or just start shooting there ? Thats where I took mine and shoot most every Sat. morning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I checked a couple of Walmart's, they didn't have any of the popular ammo like .380, 9mm.
What information I could get from the clerk, the problem is that the ammo manufacturers are getting the price they ask for and Walmart's can't match it to sell at their discount prices.

Try the internet, I found a good deal online, Lawman .380 50 rds box for $13.99 places like:
Sportsman's Guide & Cheaper That Dirt.

Gary

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Plenty of Blazer 9mm (3 cases) at WM last night. Only 1 box of Win 45 and that was sold to the guy in front of me. No 380 and about 8 boxes of 40 S&W. I took a box each of 9 and 40 and now regret not grabbing more of the 9 while it was there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
"Say wr2, you going to take the class or just start shooting there ? Thats where I took mine and shoot most every Sat. morning."
HouLlama,

What time do you usually go? I've got my daughter the next 3 weekends because the ex is highly involved in the Galveston Mardi Gras but I might be able to sneak away to meet up and shoot.

Vinas74 suggested we meet up over at Shiloh. I'm going to use the $40 gift certificate I got for my daughter (she doesn't want to shoot "real" guns and just stick with the backyard pellet) and apply it towards the CHL course at Hot Wells. I was going to go thru Jim Pruett but he p*****d me off. Short story is my 995 came in but he raised the price WAY up. BUT, he came back and we worked it out and he was truly apologetic and told me that I could come in and pay ANY price I felt appropriate. He had bought the gun from a distributor who got it from someone else due to the scarcity down here thus his cost was higher that normal. I politely turned him down, his offer was very generous but I felt that if I took him up on it we'd both feel 'bad' about it. Those guys over there know their stuff.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I travel every week, so I can check two geographies: Northwest (Olympia, WA) and Central (Arkansas). For the past three months, Wally, Sportsmans' Warehouse, and others have had empty shelves in both locations. There are some minor ammo players in WA that have +-good stock, but overall, things are really short. Why? Don't know, as I expected supplies to level out three months after the election, but so far, no go.

Mail order has been the only dependable choice recently.

·
Registered
296 Posts
"Say wr2, you going to take the class or just start shooting there ? Thats where I took mine and shoot most every Sat. morning."
HouLlama,

What time do you usually go? I've got my daughter the next 3 weekends because the ex is highly involved in the Galveston Mardi Gras but I might be able to sneak away to meet up and shoot.

Vinas74 suggested we meet up over at Shiloh. I'm going to use the $40 gift certificate I got for my daughter (she doesn't want to shoot "real" guns and just stick with the backyard pellet) and apply it towards the CHL course at Hot Wells. I was going to go thru Jim Pruett but he p*****d me off. Short story is my 995 came in but he raised the price WAY up. BUT, he came back and we worked it out and he was truly apologetic and told me that I could come in and pay ANY price I felt appropriate. He had bought the gun from a distributor who got it from someone else due to the scarcity down here thus his cost was higher that normal. I politely turned him down, his offer was very generous but I felt that if I took him up on it we'd both feel 'bad' about it. Those guys over there know their stuff.

Craig
Pruett's almost always high on his guns and ammo. I have bought a few that were in the right range, but then he really bounced them up.

Unless you live near the Hot Wells range, why not take the course at Shiloh. That was where I took mine. Good people there. On Sat. they open at 9, but the public usually can't shoot till around 10ish after the classes get done shooting. I try to get there around 10:30ish just to make sure. I used to go to Carters Country out off 1960, still do for rifles, but Shiloh is so totally better for pistols. Don't have to wait for a cease fire to hang targets, and you can shoot as many as you want to bring, no additional charge ( CC is per gun, and that bites ). No worries if you can't make it while your daughter is with you, she's the important one. Plenty more weekends to come.

G

·
Coupla days late, but yeah, that would be Vince. Can't ignore the 'stache. Was over there tonight and still (or again) out of stock.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts