Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am spending the week in Boone, NC, celebrating my first anniversary. The wife says, let's go to wal-mart. We get there and I'm all like, gonna go check the ammo supply. Crap for ammo in stock, but the have a whole isle of reloading stuff! Powders, shot, brass, manuals, presses, everything!! Well, they were out of primers. Does anybody elses walmart carry this stuff? The 3 near my hometown in VA look at you like your speaking some alien language if you mention reloading. Just thought I would post about this.

TT

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
Yeah mine carries most of it behind the counter though, not in an aisle and they've pretty much been out since the "shortage" began. I've noticed a few things starting to come back in so I'm hoping they ramp it back up cause I can get primers and fmj bullets a bit cheaper than the LGS who whasn't had and .45 bullets either for awhile.

·
Registered
197 Posts
None at the wal-mart in this part of NC, or the one I used to go to in Louisiana, for that matter. I was at wal-mart earlier today, returning a certain crappy scope, wishing they sold reloading stuff. Could've saved me another stop. Oh well, better to give my LGS the business, anyway.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
The Wal Mart in Indiana, PA (hour or so northeast of Pittsburgh) carried a full line of RCBS reloading equipment, Nosler and Hornady bullets, and several manuals. They also had Ruger Mini 14's & 30's, Marlin Camp Rifles (really wish I woulda got one of those in .45 ACP, they took 1911 mags) and home defense shotguns. This all ended in the late '90's, unfortunately. :'(

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have yet to see a Wal-Mart in Wasington or Oregon carry reloading supplies.

We have been getting a decent amount of ammo in our wal-mart for the month though.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've never seen reloading supplies at walmart before. We were getting pretty good stock of ammo at the one down the road but now it's not much of anything really. Only ammo they have now is a whole bunch of 12ga and .223

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've never seen reloading supplies at walmart before. We were getting pretty good stock of ammo at the one down the road but now it's not much of anything really. Only ammo they have now is a whole bunch of 12ga and .223
My wal-mart always seems to have a hefty supply of 9mm, 40 cal, 38 special, .223, .308 and shotgun rounds.

.357 and .45 ACP will trickle in from time to time.

Surprisingly, nothing more than 50 round boxes of .22LR have come in for along time.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Wow I wish the Wal Marts out here in Tucson AZ carried reloading goods. Out here we do have gun and ammo sections in the wal marts but there has been very little of the latter lately. I havent seen a brick of .22lr for a dogs age. Its been a few months since Ive seen any .22 at all at our local Wal Mart. They do seem to be getting caught and or perhaps the people are letting up slightly because there are a few more boxes of the other ammo on the shelves lately.

Buddy of mine went up to Alaska for some reason and he was saying that the Wal Marts out there carried Handguns and that he was looking at one of the S&W 460 Xvrs over there I sure thought it was neat that the Wally world out there carried handguns, Would be awesome to have the reloading section...Hopefully someday.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Wow I wish the Wal Marts out here in Tucson AZ carried reloading goods. Out here we do have gun and ammo sections in the wal marts but there has been very little of the latter lately. I havent seen a brick of .22lr for a dogs age. Its been a few months since Ive seen any .22 at all at our local Wal Mart. They do seem to be getting caught and or perhaps the people are letting up slightly because there are a few more boxes of the other ammo on the shelves lately.

Buddy of mine went up to Alaska for some reason and he was saying that the Wal Marts out there carried Handguns and that he was looking at one of the S&W 460 Xvrs over there I sure thought it was neat that the Wally world out there carried handguns, Would be awesome to have the reloading section...Hopefully someday.
Your buddy's right...sort of....Wal mart here sells handguns however they don't have any in stock. They will order one for you but that could take take weeks to get in if they can even get it. Least that's the way it is here in Fairbanks. I wish they carried reloading gear though that would be really fing awesome.

·
Registered
128 Posts
None of the WW here do....now that its hunting season they have muzzle loading stuff now but thats it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
one of the two wal marts in Abilene Tex does now carry reloading stuff full line of RCBS, and powder and bullets. they just started this year.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
None of the China marts in mid-TN carry reloading supplies.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
My boss at work told me he saw some reloading supplies at a wal-mart in the Dayton area near where he lives - I have not seen any in my area (lancaster/newark/Canal Winchester Ohio area). I do know that wal-mart has at least 5 different store setups depending on the area where they are located - reloading supplies may be a item carried only in one of the store setups, or it could be an optional item for some areas.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Minot ND wally world does have about 4 ft of shelf space behind the counter of RCBS equipment and a Lyman brass tumbler. Only wm I've found that has reloading equipment.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Not here in northeast NY. They actually told me it's "store policy" to see a handgun permit or a badge to purchase ammunition in handgun calibers. This state is going over the top! :mad: (BTW, I am a permit holder and a badge carrier but gave them a hard time about the ammunition being for a carbine.)

·
Registered
142 Posts
i was a truck driver for a large snackfood company for about 10 years delivered to alot of walmart stores here in pennsylvania ive only ever seen 1 that carried reloading supplys it was in clearfield pa about 55 miles from me i talked to a store mgr and questioned him about it he told me that they were 1 of about 12 or so in the whole country that carried reloading products (at that time)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts