Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, lets see Amazon do this for their employees. Very glad I shop at and order from Walmart when ever we can.
Sorry, I do not support Jeff Bezos at Amazon except in very last resort.
This program is not new. It used to cost $1 per day to enter. Bet few here even knew it. Now, free for about 1,500,000
employees. Pretty good deal!

Walmart free education program - Google Search

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
You realize that the Walton Family is worth about $235 billion, right? They're anti-union, anti-employee rights, anti 2A, and have had many similar employee complaints in higher numbers than Amazon? Then we'll throw in the allegations that their drivers are strongly encouraged to cook the logs after a second logbook was discovered after one of their drivers hit a party bus with a famous black comedian in it and garnered national attention.

Don't get me wrong, I have to shop their too because it's about the only game in town, but I wouldn't be so quick to praise them.

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You realize that the Walton Family is worth about $235 billion, right? They're anti-union, anti-employee rights, anti 2A, and have had many similar employee complaints in higher numbers than Amazon? Then we'll throw in the allegations that their drivers are strongly encouraged to cook the logs after a second logbook was discovered after one of their drivers hit a party bus with a famous black comedian in it and garnered national attention.

Don't get me wrong, I have to shop their too because it's about the only game in town, but I wouldn't be so quick to praise them.
So, you are in effect defending Amazon it seems. I do support Walmart over Amazon and this education benefit is
is a great deal for employees. What is the Bezos family worth?

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
So, you are in effect defending Amazon it seems. I do support Walmart over Amazon and this education benefit is
is a great deal for employees. What is the Bezos family worth?
Where in that did you see an endorsement of Amazon? Do you get shitty with everybody who disagrees with you? I've also posted how you can use Amazon smile to donate Amazon money to charities every single time you purchase something.

Picking the better of two greedy corporations is tantamount to trying to decide which side of a shit sandwich tastes better.

But you go ahead brag about bending the knee if you want to. I'll be over here still saying they both suck, like I always have...

The Walton Family is the richest family in the world by the way. Feel free to fact check me if you don't like it...

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I agree with you Outlaw. Walmart I dislike and do not shop there a lot but I really try to avoid purchasing from Amazon at all costs. I do not like how Amazon uses artificial intelligence to hire and fire its employees and they also do many other questionable practices.

Most big corporations are actively working to destroy our 2nd Amendment liberties so I try to pick and choose the lesser of the two evils. Amazon is not it in my opinion.

Reactions: CamoDeafie

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
So, you are in effect defending Amazon it seems.
I didn’t read that anywhere in his opinion.

Yours isn’t a logical conclusion. Check False Equivalence. Not condemning Walmart is NOT THE SAME as defending Amazon.

But since my son is a college student, and works at Walmart....I’m loving this.

·
Super Moderator
28,585 Posts
I worked for Wal Mart. Wal Mart sucks.

Amazon sucks too. But it's more convenient than Wal Mart.

In fact, I hate shopping and buying stuff because it's so much work to find a company which is easy to work with, has good value, and isn't trying to actively fsck their employees, rights, and society in general.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
So here is the "fantastic" deal from Walmart. You have to be a full-time student and at least part-time employee, which Walmart says requires 25-30 hours a week.

And there are only 10 participating programs.

Here’s a list of 10, and the ONLY 10, of Walmart’s participating partners:

Johnson & Wales University
The University of Arizona
The University of Denver
Pathstream
Brandman University
Penn Foster
Purdue University Global
Southern New Hampshire University
Wilmington University
Voxy EnGen

·
Registered
701 Posts
Johnson & Wales has a highly respected culinary program and is quite well known in the culinary world. But other than UA and UoD I've never heard of the rest.

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
What an absolute crock. My son will be pissed...I already am.
So...turns out Walmart is as slimy as most of us thought they were.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Administrator
24,948 Posts
Johnson & Wales has a highly respected culinary program and is quite well known in the culinary world. But other than UA and UoD I've never heard of the rest.
Southern New Hampshire took over where Everest/Phoenix left off after being blown away for not being accredited.

·
Premium Member
8,229 Posts
Some of those schools ring a bell as online degree programs. I would be checking costs compared to a local state college.

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
These days, since covid forced them to do it, almost every school has online options, so you definitely need to compare costs and know what you get in the end.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
These days, since covid forced them to do it, almost every school has online options, so you definitely need to compare costs and know what you get in the end.
A major brainwashing, iffen you ain't careful! I feel for anyone sending a child to college today. Education has been replaced with indoctrination.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
What an absolute crock. My son will be pissed...I already am.
So...turns out Walmart is as slimy as most of us thought they were.
Target is now doing the same as Walmart, offering to pay for college...but only to a small selection of schools.

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
Wonder what sort of kickbacks the schools get. Or are paying. I know it’s a tax deduction for Walmart, nothing out of their pockets, but....it’s odd.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Maybe they are looking at what Chick fil a is doing.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Oh so many years ago when I did my undergrad my studies were subsidized by my employer. Now, I was pursuing a technical degree (CompSci) and I worked for Hughes Aircraft Co. in SoCal. As long as I maintained a 'B' average they paid for everything. And this was at the time when company subsidized educational benefits were not subject to income tax. So I figured I got a pretty good deal. I ended up working for them for 6 years in SoCal then went where the money was in Silicon Valley. The rest is history.

So while I would generally support an employer financially assisting in post-secondary education, the choices that a student/employee has seem pretty limited. Especially considering that college education today mostly consists of anti-American anti-educational brainwashing. Heck, I've actually talked with recent college grads from well known big schools that have no idea the temp at which water boils. Don't most kids learn that in 5th grade?

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
The company that provides gas utilities in urban Utah will pay for schooling, but you’d have to go at night. We had a student of ours get a masters and a doctorate paid for by her employer, a bio-tech genetics company. The Army paid for my degree, and most of my food and housing, almost $40k over 36 months to be used as I wanted.

There are programs out there. But most require work. Go figure!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts