Walmart Tula Buyers!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by OldOutlaw, Jul 18, 2015.

1. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

It is being reported on several boards that finding any Tula Brand ammo at Walmart is near impossible in a number of states and areas. All that is left is all you will see folks are told.
    I checked Walmart Web tonight and now all they show is some Tula .223.
    Appears once the supplying warehouse for a given area is out, they may well be out for good.
    I have 5 Walmart Super Centers within 22 miles of my house. I always check the ammo shelves when in any of them. I only saw 2 boxes of Tula 9mm on the shelf. None of the usual plenty of X39 at all. I do not use Tula myself, but I know many depend on Walmart for ammo on the way to a range. Best check and see if they still have it. Many stores now do not.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Any reason as to why?

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

Plenty of TulAmmo .45, .223 and 7.62x38 at my wallieworld. Don't check other calibers because i don't use them, but no shortage of the stuff i need.

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

With changes in Walmart's buying, and warehouse policies it might be the distributor said to hell with it. Walmart is requiring all suppliers to pay for some of the warehouse and handling cost to do business with them. My Academy's have plenty of Tula in a bunch of calibers.

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

:rolleyes:

Hoarders........

6. OldOutlaw

Nothing to hang a hat on. I have talked to two Dept. Managers and was told they thought it was like that thing with ZQI. Where as Walmart wanted a price reduction and ZQI refused to do it.
    So ZQI walked away. Walmart is about out of ZQI also.

Availability seems to vary state to state some what at this time. Folks just need to keep an eye on this if they are only Walmart shoppers.

7. OldOutlaw

Pretty certain you hit the nail on the head. This is definitely a Walmart only thing. Other Companies have plenty of Tula, but best price is by the case. We don't have an Academy up here or any where near. But I suspect Walmart also wanted a price reduction from Tula USA on top of your point. They did with AQI.

Anyway, fore warned, fore armed here. Many across the US can only buy by the box at Walmart.

8. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

I have gotten 400 rounds the past few days, but honestly, it was only $2 less than the winchester, so not a concern for me.

I have actually had good luck with the winchester white box stuff.......the tags just show discontinued on the tula

9. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Tula has been having some QC issues lately, maybe that has something to do about it?

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I just got back from NC. Local WM only had ZQI in rifle calibers. No Tulammo. No Fed aluminum in 9. I did get some .45, and .40's. ;) Really the Steel Tula is more than the Fed alloy stuff. $10.97 a box for the steel.

11. Earnshaw

Earnshaw Member

Our Walmart appears to be getting Tula in various calibers . 9mm had been out but I noticed it had been restocked a couple days ago.
    With the Perfecta brass at the same price or Fed aluminum for $1 less it isn't selling like it once did . Can't speak to the rifle calibers .

12. My Wal-Mart is out of Tula .223 and they usually keep that pretty well stocked. Only Tula they had was in 7.62 and .40 flavors.

13. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

My wallyworld usually has a pretty good stock of Tulammo in some type, shape, or form at pretty much any given moment. Sometimes the quanity is low some times it is high. Just depends on the buying crowd I guess.

14. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I really think it's a store to store decision or situation. There are 6 Walmarts near or in the area where I live, some will have ammo and some will not. The best place to go where I live is Farm&Fleet, they always seem to have a decent selection of ammo. But it is a 45 minute drive with lots of traffic for me.

15. midias

midias Member

NY
    I stopped buying tul at walmart fed alumn 45 is $1 cheaper

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

And the copper washed bullets are hard on the rifling. One bad thing about the aluminum is they can't crimp it as well as a brass casing. I have seen set back out of the box. On .45 no problem. If I was to see it with .40? It doesn't get loaded! :eek:

17. midias

midias Member

NY
    You must have got different ones than mine. Mine are FMJ, I cut open a round and checked looked the same as their brass version. Never seen any different length or had feeding issues in 9mm or 45 at least in the couple boxes I checked with a caliper.

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

Sorry there my bad. Copper washed is referring to the Tula. And yes I did have a couple of Federali aluminum rounds in .45 that were set back. Being that it is a stadard pressure round I shot it out the 4595. One reason .40 can get a bad rap is if the bullets are set back they can cause a KB. I have 3 Hornady Critical whatever in .40 that one get fired unless I get a bullet puller to lengthen them back. The tech at Hornady said they might not have had enough glue to hold them in place, or a bad crimp. These were rechambered several times. Only round I have ever had that problem with. Remington UMC JHP's, Federal HST, or Hydrashok no problems.

19. gasman42

gasman42 Member

NC
    Yep that perfecta stuff is pretty good.. Fed alum works good too.. I would like have some of the 357 magnum Tula.. I've only heard about it and saw one video on it.. But never saw it in person.. Like 10 bucks for 50

20. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Yeah. I got some .45 ACP aluminum case once, that I could literally push the bullet into the casing until it bottomed out on the powder. Most of the aluminum stuff has been fine for me so far, but I have ruled out Tula. A friend at work blew his AR all to crap with the Tula .223 Remmy. The case ruptured. :eek: