Walther G22

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by tanglebones, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Anyone else here have one?

I've had mine for about 2 years and love it. The only thing - the color. I bought it off Gunbroker - and wasn't aware that it was gray. I'd rather have it be black. anyone know what I could to do change the color? Thanks

2. Ari

Ari Guest

Ok where are you photos! :wink:

3. ok... tomorrow I promise - that and my c9 comp w/od green Hogue handall! :)

4. Ari

Ari Guest

5. Now that you mention it, I remember reading about duracoat (on these f0's if I remember correctly). Thanks for the reminder - I think that's the way I'll go! :D

6. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

too bad its no good for a lefty

SW

7. Ah, but it is good for a lefty. I thought the same thing when I first saw one but you can change the bolt to the left side.

8. That's correct - it's a snap to do it if you're comfortable with disassembly of the lower and upper receivers.

9. Silicon Wolverine

hmm that changes things. After i get my new sig maybe ill think about one if the GSG-5 thing doesnt pan out. I talked to atlantic on firday and they said another shipment in 6-8 weeks.

SW

10. freedom

freedom Member

LOL Yah. Have one for more than 2 years now and have yet to fire it.
    Just call me a slacker

11. Those are sort of weird. I have never seen one before. The stock sort of reminds me of a 995 in the front.

12. I think the gray is sweet!

I looked at a black one at a show Saturday but didn't buy it...if it had been gray I probably would of!

Leave it alone...thats the 1st gray one I've ever seen!

13. Silicon Wolverine

Gray G22s are like carbon fiber P22s, rare as hens teeth.

SW

14. duker_sponk

duker_sponk Guest

They sell OD green ones at J&G sales. They are neat little guns. It's just another one of those guns I will put into my "Wouldn't mind having.." category for now.

15. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

If your dead set on black, try dipping the stock in some black RIT dye, just find a large enough container to hold enough boiling water. Alum trashcan perhaps?

Rare as Hens teeth? http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2006-02/uom-htn022206.php

16. Actually, Z71, you can use a plastic trashcan to boil water over an open flame. Just be sure you put the water in first.

17. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

makes sense, just like the Water Balloon over a lighter trick on a larger scale.

18. heh,

Thx to NRAjoe and SW - I was persuaded to keep it gray. ;)

didn't know they were that rare - prolly better if I keep it that way.