Walther ppks 380. any comments? +/-

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by joatmon, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Was looking at the ppks for a pocket or bug once I get my carry permit. Anyone have any experience with this pistol?

2. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

the older walther mfg models are top notch. Some of the newer S&W mfg guns have issues. Ive shot an original walther and it was AWESOME! The newer guns i only have second hand info on, but it seems about 40% of owners have issues.

SW

3. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    IMO the Bersa Thunder 380 is just as good a gun, cheaper too. The PPKs are nice but see if you can find any big difference in them.

4. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

+1, Also the BERSA/Firestorm .380 (rounded trigger guard w/ rubber wrap-around grips) Scored higher than the Walther and CF380 in a pistol review not too long ago. ;)

5. great gun, overpriced-- but good track record...

I would personally go for an Accu-Tek or a Bresa for my money, bu the PPK IS a classic...

just MHO>...

6. 45Man

45Man Member

I've fired them (the original one made in Germany), just about the nicest .380 ever made; very smooth trigger pull. But I was never a big fan of the .380, unless it's a "micro pistol".