Walther PPX, buy one!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by tone, Jul 5, 2015.

1. tone

tone Member

I ordered one in 9mm from cdnn recently and man I really like this gun! I like the ergos, quality is as good as any of the $400 range duty guns. It is very accurate mostly due to the wonderful trigger.

It is a large weapon, most suitable for home defense/range duty/owb carry. My best handgun purchase in quite some time. I'm thinking about selling a glock to buy the 40cal version and some extra mags ($19 @ cdnn).

If you are interested watch the Hickok45 review of it. I really can't believe they have been selling them for $279 for so long.

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I bought one. Slightly used. I loved it!

Really fit my hand well. The slide pull was super easy. Takedown was a snap. Very low recoil. It's hammer fired, but the hammer is concealed in the slide.

A friend of mine offered me a wad of cash for it, so i took it. I miss that pistol. But, iv'e been eyeballing the CCP.

I think I need an intervention. I want every gun I see. I buy one then I see something I might like better, so I sell or trade one off to get another one.

" HELLO, MY NAME IS DAG AND I'M A FIREARMS FREAK-A-HOLIC"

3. tone

tone Member

Yep, I have a problem too. I like pretty much all guns. I've been wanting a CZ75 variant lately. I keep most of my guns though.

4. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I realized that if I want another gun and I trade or sell something for it my wife can't tell me no.ha ha

5. Just googled it read a few reviews. First one at the top of the list was on The Truth About Guns. I'd forgotten that clown has a thing against Hi Points. Only took him five sentences into his review of the PPX to bash Hi Points. Pretty pathetic when you use a review of one gun to bash another companies product.

6. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I prefer video reviews, and the first 2 videos on youtube are of Hickok45 and iraqveteran8888.
    While Hickok has yet to do a hi point, IV8888 proved that the only way to kill a hi point pistol was to actually melt the plastic
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiOefVpX6gM[/ame]
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZYHzqlMqSg[/ame]

7. tone

tone Member

Hickok's video sold me on it

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I like the PPQ, myself.

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I second that.

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The nerd in me is drawn to the unique recoil design of the CCP.

If only they'd made it look more Space Gun-ish, I'd be all over that.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. Kiln

Kiln Member

The PPX is an amazing gun, I love mine.

12. +1 on the PPX. It's probably the best bargain I've ever gotten on a new firearm--German engineering, quality workmanship, reliable, easy to shoot, best trigger of anything I've ever owned. Everyone should have one of these. . . .

13. I looked at the PPX & PPQ got the Q in .40 back in 2013
    I got lucky and got to shoot them both the x is not bad

just the trigger on the Q way better imo

14. Kiln

Kiln Member

15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

That's why I got it for my kid. ;-)

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

That's what my brother calls my JHP45. I call it "BarackObangbang."

17. tone

tone Member

I still really like mine, probably going to order a couple more mags for it because I don't think I will be getting rid of it.

It does shoot higher than I would like though. I'm going to have to get a taller front sight I think.