Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Those are slick, if I had the dollars I think I would try to buy an sks with a bad stock and do that one I like that.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
These are drop ins? I'd be interested in seeing how that works with a Mosin.

At the bottom of the ad they talk about future 10/22 and mauser 8 builds.
I really like the possibilities with a inexpensive 22. I see a new project rifle in my future!
Thanks for the great link Clydedog!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
$310 - Mosin Nagant with aluminum chassis and side panels

It will be mine when I get my tax returns next year... if I get any... :(

·
Registered
850 Posts
Everytime I have checked this post and looked again I've wanted this more and more. I just may have to get one and check it out.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want.

I like.

-'b

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
WOW!! Dunno why...but I like!!

What saddens me is that each kit for the 2 rifles I dig (the Mossberg 702 and the 91/30) cost 3 times what EACH GUN COST!

But, I like the idea of a more mean looking plinkster, and for some reason, a Mosin Nagant in this chassis scares me just a little more.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
That's really cool looking, but I would never buy one.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
A guy on the SKS forums bought one for the SKS. To me they look like they were made from kitchen cutting boards. His review was not very favorable for a $350 stock. He said it looked like a very early beta stock. There are unfinished cut edges all over, there were gaps and non flush mating of surfaces, overall the quality fit and finish resembled a prototype not a finished stock.

the magazine release tab can easily be reached if you want to run detachable duckbills (outside of California of course)

Also there is a foldaway front pistol grip

Now the real problem.
The stocks fit and finish scream "ALPHA PROTOTYPE"
Its neat how its all put together but there are rough sawn edges, panels not quite matching up etc.
This stock would be a killer if they went the injection molding route.
Maybe this will come in the future, but for 350 bucks as it is right now, they are not quite there, I really hope the "pro" this up a bit more.

please see the attached pics

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Thanks for those pics panoz, definitely not worth asking price with that F&F.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah thanks for the pics. It all looks way different on their website then what it actually is. If they clean all of that up it would be sweet, but not for that much money now.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
That and the fact that for the money, I could by somewhere between 3 and 5 Mosins for that amount of cash, depending on the price.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
I agree it's overkill with that price tag but have to say that if they make one for a 500 or an 870 I'd be in there like swimwear.

-'b

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.