Want to buy or trade for dessicant

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by panoz77, Jan 14, 2008.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I am in the need of some reuseable silicone dessicant, I have containers, I just need some bulk dessicant. PM me if you have any surplus.

2. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

i may have about 80lbs of silica gel packets at work. there the ones that say "do not eat" on them.. come in new PC boxes.

is that what youre looking for?

3. panoz77

panoz77 Member

That would work, I can tear them open and fill my container, I don't need 20 lbs though, lol. You can ship up to 20 lbs via USPS flat rate box for $8.95, are you selling or giving, I'd glady paypal $10.00 for shipping for around 20 lbs or as much as you can fit in the box.

4. Bandit320

Bandit320 Member

There was a post on the old forum talking about the use of Fresh Step crystal cat litter. Apparently it is the same thing and sells at Wally World for about $7 for a large container.

Mike

5. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

if you dont want to use the silica gel kitty litter, i'll ask at work on friday when i go in how much i can have.

we've been keeping it in the back just for fun.. we've got a giant rubbermaid bucket full of it, we named it "Mr. Silica.".

id be giving it away...i paid nothing for it.. just cover shipping and thats all. so if you want to use that instead of kitty litter (which i guess that stuff they mentioned is the same ???... ) then i'll see how much i can have.

6. Yea the tidey cat crystals are just silica, but I do not know if it can be recharged. Most silicas can be, but I would try recharging a small batch first before putting a bunch in the oven.

7. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Not that this helps at all, but this thread brought back some memories.
    For a few years I worked for wholesale warehouse that starts with a C, and it's not Sams or BJs. I was a stocker, so we always had those packets in with all kinds of stuff. Some of the bigger packets were a little bigger than a bar of soap, and we'd set up beanbag toss games with holes cut in scrap cardboard, or have "snowball" fights... good times, and much less of a gooey mess than the spoiled grape tomatoes that would sometimes come hurling my way :shock:

Sorry, hijack over :oops: