Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a .45 Hi-Point pistol for a long time after watching several YouTube videos and seeing how seemingly indestructible they seem to be. Saturday I was in our local Academy Sports and asked if they had one in stock. They did not, but the one 30 minutes down the highway did... so I went back to the truck, bought it online, and headed toward the other store.

No doubt this big ol' .45 is a massive gun, but I look forward to shooting it to see how well it does. Just wanted to say hello and voice how pleased I am to be a part of the Hi-Point community now!

Barry

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
First, welcome to the zoo
Dog Bulldog Window Carnivore Dog breed
You bring treats? Second, fellow .45 owner here. Yes, you will enjoy shooting it. Softest shooting .45 in the world, I think. Very accurate. They'll eat anything you feed 'em and they love "hot sauce". They are barrel heavy, so don't be surprised if you find yourself shooting low cuz you're dropping the muzzle. IF you have problems - BIG IF - come here FIRST. Stay off the "Fix yer Hi Point" videos on Boob Tube. Loads of false, useless and downright dangerous stuff out there. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, welcome to the zoo
View attachment 73936 You bring treats? Second, fellow .45 owner here. Yes, you will enjoy shooting it. Softest shooting .45 in the world, I think. Very accurate. They'll eat anything you feed 'em and they love "hot sauce". They are barrel heavy, so don't be surprised if you find yourself shooting low cuz you're dropping the muzzle. IF you have problems - BIG IF - come here FIRST. Stay off the "Fix yer Hi Point" videos on Boob Tube. Loads of false, useless and downright dangerous stuff out there. Enjoy the ride.
Great picture! And thanks very much for the welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing what the trigger is like, for sure. I'll definitely stay away from the YouTube video advice before checking here!

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts
I love my JHP!
It shoots straighter than me and makes a great boat anchor, too.

Welcome to the Best Forum on the Internet!

eldar

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Great picture! And thanks very much for the welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing what the trigger is like, for sure. I'll definitely stay away from the YouTube video advice before checking here!
The trigger isn't a 1911 trigger, but it isn't bad. Like most, it gets better with use

Reactions: mrstangblb

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love my JHP!
It shoots straighter than me and makes a great boat anchor, too.

Welcome to the Best Forum on the Internet!

eldar
That's awesome. Thanks very much!

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Yeah - a friend of mine and I are thinking about getting into reloading.
Now is not a good time unless you get a great deal on used equipment. Equipment is scarce and expensive. Bullets (unless you cast your own) are hard to find. Powder is almost nonexistent in my AO. Primers are unobtanium. It MAY loosen up in a year or so. If it does (and that's a BIG IF) get your equipment and stock up on everything, then stay stocked up. Time comes to do that, there are plenty here that can help you get it right the first time, so don't be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now is not a good time unless you get a great deal on used equipment. Equipment is scarce and expensive. Bullets (unless you cast your own) are hard to find. Powder is almost nonexistent in my AO. Primers are unobtanium. It MAY loosen up in a year or so. If it does (and that's a BIG IF) get your equipment and stock up on everything, then stay stocked up. Time comes to do that, there are plenty here that can help you get it right the first time, so don't be afraid to ask.
That's great information. Thanks very much!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts