Warranty question

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by ArmyRover, Mar 22, 2016.

1. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Supporting Member

When you guys send the weapon in do you send it with the magazine or without. I'm leaning towards sending it with the mag since the mag is loose in the grip.

Also do you guys use usps or fedex to send the weapon in?

It's cleaned and ready to go in for a tune up.

2. I talked to them forthe first time Friday and sent my 995 off yesterday. They specifically stated to include the mag and to ship via USPS.

3. ArmyRover

Thanks, I was going to call them tomorrow but I planned to box it up tonight so I could drop it off during lunch time.

So I appreciate the intel. Funny part is I'm sending in a 995 as well.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

You can ship long guns back to the factory via USPS. Mark the box "Machine Parts"
    You can NOT ship a handgun through USPS.

You can ship handguns through FedEx for about $35?
    I ship my handguns through my FFL for $15, he can ship them through USPS.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The way I understand it, you can send the carbine via USPS but not a handgun.

In my AO FedEx sucks, so I use UPS for any other shipping.

6. ArmyRover

Must have a lot of calls today I keep getting a busy signal :D

Got through to voice mail and left a message

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  7. MachoMelvin

MoM maybe very busy today, there were closed yesterday in honor of Tom Deebs passing earlier in the week.

8. ArmyRover

The nice folks at Hi-point returned my call and my 995 will be going on a 4 week vacation for a refurbishment.

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You won't be sorry.

10. ArmyRover

I agree I feel after talking to the gentleman on the phone that this is a very good idea. It will give me some time to pick up a few parts to upgrade it with. Hoping it doesn't take 4 weeks but if it does such is life.

11. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

They will swap your old mag for the new updated ones also. Are you going to order the TS stock?

12. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

I didn't hear that about that, that's too bad. Last I heard he was building a new shop down south.
    The guy had some great ideas.
    RIP Mr. Deebs.

13. Meatball

Meatball Member

Hi guys,
    Long time, no see. Hopefully, you can give me some guidance.
    After running my 995ts for quite a few years without any problems at all, I'm having some heavy problems with FTF and some FTE and am thinking of sending it in. I have 12 mags and tried almost all of them to no avail so I'm thinking the mag(s) are not the issue. Do I remember correctly that the 995 uses the firing pin for extraction or am I totally wrong on that? I do have a slightly bent firing pin but it seems to impact the primer in the center of the shell. Finally, during the last cleaning, before having problems, I used my lady's professional electric dremel tool to buff the feed ramp. I used a very fine polishing compound which she uses for her jewlery-making operation and a fairly soft polishing wheel and it shined up nicely but perhaps I might have "worn" the ramp excessively. I do not think so, but one never knows.
    I'll probably send it in via USPS as per your above suggestions.
    Question: I have a Joey Trigger on it. Should I change it back to the stock trigger? Prefer not to do it, but don't want problems with having an
    "unauthorized" after-market item on the gun.

What do you gentlemen think? I'd appreciate any input you can offer .
    Thanks lots.

Meatball Happy Easter :)

14. Meatball

Meatball Member

Hey guys,
    After nosing around the site, I found another thread (polish the ramp) discussing the same issue as outlined here and they talked about the firing pin being bent. Like I said above, my pin is slightly bent but it seems to strike the primer correctly when it chambers properly. However, does the slightly bent firing pin suggest that the FTE issue could be caused my the pin? Boy, I'd rather get a new pin rather than send the gun in, but maybe a nice tuneup is in order afer about 9 years.
    Thanks in advance for advice.

15. ArmyRover

Ratchow I did not order the TS stock yet.

Meatball from talking to them on the phone I'm sure they'd be happy to send you a new firing pin. I don't know if aftermarket parts would bother them

16. MachoMelvin

Be sure to ask for an ejector kit also with your firing pin assembly. I always replace both.

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Don't you mean extractor kit? Seeing as how the firing pin IS the ejector?:confused:

18. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Meatball,

Replace the firing pin. Leave the feed ramp alone. Put it back to stock if you need to send it in.

19. ArmyRover

from my phone call yesterday I think it is a safe bet that they will happily send you the bits you need to get it to 100% I was really impressed with the service.

My 995 is on the way now. He said with my carbine being as old as it is it will likely have 80-90% of the parts replaced before it is returned.

20. MachoMelvin

Thank you, I stand to be corrected!