Warranty statement that came with my 4095

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by ridgerunner, Feb 14, 2008.

1. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Guest

I have read all the glowing reports of Hi Points warranty, and I believe all I have read. Does not have to be original owner, etc.

Since I am new to Hi Point, just wondering about the Statement of Limited Warranty that came with my carbine.

"The Model 4095 Carbine is warranted to the ORIGINAL RETAIL CUSTOMER for life from date of original purchase ....."

"Any implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the lifetime of the ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER. ...."

(emphasis mine)

Has this always been the statement and Hi Point has just taken care of all their guns, regardless of original owner or second or third. Or is this a new policy?

By the way, I really like the 4095.

2. Honestly i'm not sure if that has been there or not. I would have to find my manual. However, you say you believe what has been said about their warranty, and my experiences support it.

3. How would they know if you the original owner? Unless the original owner sent in a registration form. Do manufacturers get a list from the gov with the names of people that bought their guns.... I dont think so.

Another good reason not to register your guns..... with anybody.

4. That's been there since forever, but it's not the policy they follow. Heck, they _encourage_ buyers of used HPs to send them in under warranty to verify that there's nothing dangerously wrong with them. I've done that twice, specifically telling them that I'm not the original buyer, but there's never been a charge.

5. The 995 manual is online:

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/manuals/carbine.pdf

I've transcribed the warranty from the PDF:

"The Model 995 Carbine is warranted to the original retail customer for life from date of original purchase against defects in material and or workmanship. All parts and labor or replacement, at our option, are covered.

Transportation to and from repair facilities, damage caused by failure to perform normal maintenance, sales outside the United States, damage due to the use of high pressure, reloaded or other nonstandard ammunition, or any unauthorized repair, modification, misuse, abuse, or alteration of the product is not covered by this Warranty.

Any implied warranties, including the implied warranties of the merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the lifetime of the original retail purchaser. Consequential or incidental damages or expenses, or other expenses are not covered by this warranty. "

I looked on all the pages, but I couldn't find a date, so I don't know how old this is. But according to this, they only cover the "original retail customer" and "any unauthorized repair, modification, misuse, abuse, or alteration of the product is not covered by this Warranty."

If this is how the warranty has always been, rather than a recent update, they've been saints for putting up with us for this long.

6. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Guest

Thanks for all the answers. I thought it was just written that way, and that they were "taking care of business" by being so good to the owners.

7. s0b3

s0b3 Member

The main page of their website says differently

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/

8. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio

I about 95% sure that's what the paper that came with mine said as well.

9. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Well I bought my 995 used, and broken. I called HP and told them that I had just bought it used and broken and told them what was wrong, than asked how much it was going to be to fix it.

They sent me the missing parts, an original owners packet with the tools and manual, as well as the replacement parts for the broken pieces free of charge.

So to answer the question, I think they take care of business just fine. Now only if my car had that kind of warranty.