Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here. I was getting ready to come on here and complain about my new 995. My first outting with it I was getting 2-3 jams per magazine with Remington. After those 50 were gone I switched to WWB..it actually seemed to like this ammo better despite it's reputation with these guns. But I was still getting at least one jam per magazine. It would feed but it was really rough and then some times on extraction it would spin the casing sideways instead of ejecting, causing a jam. Well I took it home and polished the feed ramp, adjusted the mag lips, and filed a small burr off one of the extractors. I tried hand cycling it and it seemed better, but would still occasionally have an extraction jam. That's when I was was getting ready to start complaing, but I figured I'd try test firing it again first. Well I just put 100 rounds of WWB through without a single jam. All is well now :D

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
They definitely need a break-in period, but they're a great once they're working well. Enjoy shooting it as much as you can. Welcome and be sure to check back in here at visit about it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Glad to hear the 995 is working fine now. I got a new 995 a couple of weeks ago and had to realign the mag lips on the new mags. After that, ran 150 rounds of Wolf 115 gr through it without a hitch.

Welcome and I hope you have deep ammo pockets. That 995 is so darn fun to shoot, you'll be buying 9mm ammo by the case load. Enjoy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. It is a fun gun to shoot! I just picked up two more boxes of ammo. :)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Sorry, you cannot complain till you shoot 300 rounds through any hipoint, have at least 200 posts, or send me $50.

Actually....... I was JK on the $50. And the posts. And the 300 rounds parts actually, but they do require a break in!

Congrats on your new toy and welcome to the fold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.