Was just watching COPS and...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Oct - 2009)' started by JasonJ, Feb 6, 2008.

1. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

this d00d got hit in the chest by a .22lr round.. didnt even know he was hit til he touched his chest and was covered in blood...

like 10 paramedics, CPR, you name it.. guy died.

turns out it was gang related, some crazy foo was shooting his 22 pistol, bystanders thought it was a cap gun or something, then they realized this guy was hit and then he died not 10-15 mins later.

just goes to show you, even the smallest of bullets is absolutely LETHAL. kinda scary how FAST he died and by only 1 round to the heart.

just thought you'd all like to know.

2. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

Thats not fast by no means as if this shot person had a gun he would have had ample time to unload at the shooter, reload and shoot up the neighborhood. Under 0 to a max of 30 seconds is the best during CQC.

3. neothespian

neothespian Member

.22LR rounds are dangerous. One is sneaky, but remember that alot of .22 chambered weapons can pump out alot of rounds in a short ammount of time. No matter how small the round is, if they are in the right place nothing you can do will shrug it off.

My response when someone says "Oh, a .22 round won't do jack", I instantly ask "Have YOU been shot with one?" Speaking as someone who has repeadedly, I can attest that they are NOT benign.

4. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

I've always said, a .22 can kill you just as dead as a .50BMG.

5. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

I like to ask "would you like to stand in front of it while I pull the trigger???"

Never had any one answer yes.

.22lr is not the ideal SD weapon, but no less lethal than a .50cal.

DEAD IS DEAD, you cannot undue death wether it be from a 22lr or mortor.

6. pills

pills Guest

Funny how many people brag on the 223 as a tactikool weapon and in the same breath say a 22lr round is too small...

7. Well, there is alot to be said for velocity.

Remember. E=mv^2

8. pills

pills Guest

there is no doubt that the 223 is up to 3 times faster than the 22lr. As others have said before me, a well placed 22lr will take a life all the same.

9. Sometimes its not what you throw, but how much you throw.

10. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Or where you throw it...

11. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

a .22lr will still penetrate a human skull at close range usually..

anyway i wonder was they guy hit in the lunges or heart?

seems he bled to death a rather quickly from a single shot.

12. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

I know a guy who was shot with a .22lr and ended up being in the hospital for a week. The bullet hit him in the gut and ruptured his intestines. They thought he was going to die form infection for a while but he managed to pull through. He looked terrible afterwards though.

13. I wouldn't choose a 22 for my primary defensive weapon, but if neccesary I could defend myself with one.

I think it's been said in numerous other threads but if you're dealing with a small caliber, shot placement is key.

14. Did you guys see the show where the guy got hit in the hip with a 44mag at a hotel? Dude in room shoots 44 thru solid wood door, it travels across parking lot and goes thru glass of another hotel room and hits guy in hip changing channels on his tv. The bullet did not penetrate blue jeans and fell into the guys pocket. He reached into his pocket, pulled it out and burnt his fingers. Cops said if it hadn't gone thru that first door the guy would be walking with a limp for the rest of his life.

15. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

10 rounds of rapid fire .22LR equals roughly the same damage as 00 buck if not more.

and we all know how devastating 00 buck can be.

16. browwiw

browwiw Member

Didn't I read once that the .22 is the most common bullet wound to die from? It's a statistics thing, of course, there the .22 is the most common firearm (in the States at least).

And whenever I here somebody blow hard about how 'weak' the .22 is I always say, "Wait here while I go get my 10/22 and CCI Stingers."

17. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

Any bullet caliber can kill and theres is no disputing that, but its the time it takes to incapacitate which is the fight winner will all else being equal such as shot placement, etc..

18. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

sure in a gun fight 10 mins to die is forever...

i was just speaking about it in a purely "holy crap i was just standing around and now i got shot.... ugh.. ah.. gaah.. . " sort of way.

19. I hear ya there. I don't want to die, slowly or quickly for that matter. I wouldn't want to get shot by a .22 anymore than I would choose one to take to a gunfight.

.22's kill lots of people.

20. .22 dang near killed president Regean