36,314 Posts
That was Kirk.
Price was decent on the ad I saw.

·
Administrator
28,842 Posts
That was Kirk.
Price was decent on the ad I saw.
I haven't bought anything yet but I'm currently leaning toward either the Mossberg or the Ruger with a slight edge to the mossy.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Eleven plus one rounds and it is a very small 9 millimeter Luger pistol. Taurus used to produce low quality products, but they have really changed. They now produce many quality firearms.

If I am ever in the market for a very small 9 millimeter Luger handgun this might be it.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Super Moderator
9,657 Posts
I haven't bought anything yet but I'm currently leaning toward either the Mossberg or the Ruger with a slight edge to the mossy.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Ruger Fanboi that I am, the last 2 I picked up were rejects. The Max-9 rattled and the LCP Max the last round hold open did not work.

Reactions: lklawson

·
Super Moderator
9,657 Posts
Eleven plus one rounds and it is a very small 9 millimeter Luger pistol. Taurus used to produce low quality products, but they have really changed. They now produce many quality firearms.

If I am ever in the market for a very small 9 millimeter Luger handgun this might be it.
My favorite semi auto for social work is still the KAHR. But the GX4 is trying hard to unseat it.

·
Super Moderator
5,284 Posts
Anybody actually shot a Spectrum? LGS has them for 185 and I'm thinking about it. Not hi cap, but easier to drop in a pocket than anything I have now.

·
Premium Member
36,314 Posts
Anybody actually shot a Spectrum? LGS has them for 185 and I'm thinking about it. Not hi cap, but easier to drop in a pocket than anything I have now.
That’s $40 under MSRP. I paid $169 for my TCP a few years ago, you won’t see many at that price.

I’ve never held one, but I would worry about two things. The soft panels on the frame and slide...how will they age? Will they delaminate, or wear out? If they’re good, they might be a nice touch...pardon the pun

And then, the trigger looks like it’s far forward. It is on my TCP as well, but the point is...big hands or fingers may not fit well.

Reactions: histed

·
Super Moderator
5,284 Posts
That’s $40 under MSRP. I paid $169 for my TCP a few years ago, you won’t see many at that price.

I’ve never held one, but I would worry about two things. The soft panels on the frame and slide...how will they age? Will they delaminate, or wear out? If they’re good, they might be a nice touch...pardon the pun

And then, the trigger looks like it’s far forward. It is on my TCP as well, but the point is...big hands or fingers may not fit well.
I had a TCP and the trigger was fine for my hands. Didn't think about the panels coming off, though. Good point

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
21,787 Posts
I would get a regular LCP2 if price is a problem, if they take a nose dive in price.

I don't have fat fingers. The Spectrum takes a while to get my finger in there. Last I heard they were ammo picky. Probably not selling very well so the price drop?

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
21,787 Posts
Ruger Fanboi that I am, the last 2 I picked up were rejects. The Max-9 rattled and the LCP Max the last round hold open did not work.
So far my LCPMAX has been 100% on LRHO. I think the problem was fixed at the factory. You always want to buy things when they first come out. Avoid the problems, wait a little. I'm sure the first Ruger/Marlins will have problems. Wait a little for the returns.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,330 Posts
I would get a regular LCP2 if price is a problem, if they take a nose dive in price.

I don't have fat fingers. The Spectrum takes a while to get my finger in there. Last I heard they were ammo picky. Probably not selling very well so the price drop?
Generally its not the ammo on those and other small 380s. It the fact they are so easy to limp wrist. They are hard to get a decent grip on them. TCP are another they say it ammo picky. I've had trouble with them at first also. Till I figured out to choke shit out of em. Then they ate everything. My LCP is the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts