Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dig this show! Takes me back. What's everyone watching?

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
I dig this show! Takes me back. What's everyone watching?
I wanted to watch this because it took me back. Then I saw the previews. Looked like total shit. Is it worth actually watching

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
I wanted to watch this because it took me back. Then I saw the previews. Looked like total shit. Is it worth actually watching
It started out okay, then it got tedious.

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
Kia Cobra?

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is a decent series and I enjoy the flashback music! He is right about today’s kids, but appears to be on the right track with them.

The Karate Kid seems lost and out of touch, although he seems successful.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's totally worth it. Just kinda cool how the script has flipped from the original movies.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
How many subtle Leftist touchy feely messages are embedded in let's say, just the first episode?

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
I've been enjoying it. I haven't started Season 3 yet but I will this week.

The Season 2 Finale was SOOO very 80's with the giant High School karate fight. It felt very throwback to me. ...which is 50% of the reason I watched it.

I also ended up watching a few Shaw Bros. kung fu flicks on NetFlix too. Took me back. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
How many subtle Leftist touchy feely messages are embedded in let's say, just the first episode?
None that I could see. At least no more than in the original flick.

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
It started out okay, then it got tedious.
Sorry, they muddied it up with "relationship" stuff.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Sorry, they muddied it up with "relationship" stuff.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
A modern Romeo and Juliet type arc was really the only one they could play after turning the lip in to the hawk. Something had to turn the first kid in to the antagonist. And who didn't see the season 2 finale coming?

Reactions: lklawson

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dang, OK.. it's not the greatest show to come out in the last 30 yrs, but it's fun, entertaining and worth a look. And it is not as blatant with the embedded messages as some of the shows that have come out recently. It's just a good show. Haven't seen season 3 yet. Is that on Netflix now?

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
And it is not as blatant with the embedded messages as some of the shows that have come out recently.
Like S.W.A.T.? Gotta be the worst. Between the left running the entertainment industry and Covid-19, television has gone straight down the shitter. Been able to find an occasional half way decent foreign show like The Haunting of Bly Manor, Code.404 and others. Am extremely happy that Fargo is back with another season. For those that want to laugh at shear stupidity and honest insanity, you have to watch the ingenious Peoples Court spoof "Gary Busey Pet Judge". Oh, and I do enjoy Our Cartoon President. They at least smash both sides equally.

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
Like S.W.A.T.? Gotta be the worst. Between the left running the entertainment industry and Covid-19, television has gone straight down the shitter.
Yup. I was truly enjoying "The Boys" until the Season 2 mid-season reveal of the grand villain.

The big bad villain of Season 2 is... wait for it... A Nazi and racism. :p

My there was a giant flushing sound for my respect for the series.

·
Premium Member
35,668 Posts
It is a decent series and I enjoy the flashback music! He is right about today's kids, but appears to be on the right track with them.

The Karate Kid seems lost and out of touch, although he seems successful.
That's part of the SJW message...successful people suck.:p
But I'd bet part of the story arc is him finding himself....again.

That said...they also attack SJW BS, so as long as they keep punching at both sides, why complain?

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
That's part of the SJW message...successful people suck.:p
He was always a little bit petty.

But I'd bet part of the story arc is him finding himself....again.
That's been a major point of speculation for Season 3 and the supposed trip to Okinawa.

That said...they also attack SJW BS, so as long as they keep punching at both sides, why complain?
One of my favorite parts is Johnny repeatedly complaining about how this generation is, to quote, a bunch of "pu$$ies" and his constant repetition to his students to not be a "pu$$y." This was grandly illustrated when he asked who of his students had never been punched in the face, then had the punching each other (in the face) with a culmination of the transformation of "Hawk" when he "flipped the script" from being picked on to wearing as a badge of pride. Of course, it makes a more interesting story. And, naturally, teenagers "take it too far" because, frankly, they're teenagers. It's believable. Then it goes over-the-top, both as a reference to the 80's movie in the series (foreshadowing?) and because, as a throwback series, 80's martial arts action-adventure flicks were all about being over the top.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
Like S.W.A.T.? Gotta be the worst. Between the left running the entertainment industry and Covid-19, television has gone straight down the shitter. Been able to find an occasional half way decent foreign show like The Haunting of Bly Manor, Code.404 and others. Am extremely happy that Fargo is back with another season. For those that want to laugh at shear stupidity and honest insanity, you have to watch the ingenious Peoples Court spoof "Gary Busey Pet Judge". Oh, and I do enjoy Our Cartoon President. They at least smash both sides equally.
I hate SWAT. What a shit show

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
I hate SWAT. What a shit show
What turned ya? I remember you praising it when it first came out. For me? It was the first two minutes of the pilot. It was a Swaga wet dream.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He was always a little bit petty.

That's been a major point of speculation for Season 3 and the supposed trip to Okinawa.

One of my favorite parts is Johnny repeatedly complaining about how this generation is, to quote, a bunch of "pu$$ies" and his constant repetition to his students to not be a "pu$$y." This was grandly illustrated when he asked who of his students had never been punched in the face, then had the punching each other (in the face) with a culmination of the transformation of "Hawk" when he "flipped the script" from being picked on to wearing as a badge of pride. Of course, it makes a more interesting story. And, naturally, teenagers "take it too far" because, frankly, they're teenagers. It's believable. Then it goes over-the-top, both as a reference to the 80's movie in the series (foreshadowing?) and because, as a throwback series, 80's martial arts action-adventure flicks were all about being over the top.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Johnny even sends the kids home to watch " Over the Top" as homework.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts