Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have an artesian well(spring head) on my property, would it stay OK in a shtf situation? Nuclear is what worries me.

·
Registered
445 Posts
In North Carolina?

It would depend totally on the location of the strike and the size of the bomb.

You are in the prevailing west to east weather pattern. What large population center that deserves a nuke is west of you? Oak Ridge? Knoxville? Nashville or Memphis? Ashville, Charolette? the only targets i would wonder about, on that list, would be Oak Ridge as a full time target and Nashville, knoxville or Charlotte in Football Game day!

although much is spouted about the distruction of nukes the DHS has revised many of the educational provisions reciently. We are less likely to have a big hit than a "suitcase bomb" type event. That makes for a smaller blast zone, less emp and less fallout than the classic patterns that have prevailed since the Cuban missle Crisis.

The last charts I saw only had a fallout trail 50 miles long. A deep aquifer should be safe unless it is fed by ground zero.

·
Registered
799 Posts
If the nuclear fallout has gotten your ground water chances are its gotten you as well drink up no reason to die thirsty

I would get a filter system for it just incase you have some sort of other contamination thats easier to deal with

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Agreed, a good filter is the way to go. I also agree that the War Games scenario won't likely happen. We have more to worry about from small suicide bombers. The thing to remember is that other than micro filters the main ingredient in a water filter is activated charcoal. But you should also remember that it also has a limited shelf life.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am about an hour east of ashville. About 1 1/2 of Charlotte

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.