Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be morbid, but this headline puts a little smile on my face.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443828,00.html

I think we should sustain this pace for the rest of the year... heck, all of 2009... betcha there would be no crime by the end of the year.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Do they allow my kind to sully the proud Texan soil Bushman?

Every time I read something in the news, it makes me want to be there in Texas, right now.....

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
Do they allow my kind to sully the proud Texan soil Bushman?

Every time I read something in the news, it makes me want to be there in Texas, right now.....
I'm movin there [God willing] next year. If they'll take a Yankee like me they'll take a Brit like YOU :lol:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Bleh. You can have Texas. I didn't get such a warm welcome in Dallas. I was even driving a pickup truck AND had a gun rack!! (Granted, it was a Japanese pickup with alot of punk rock stickers in the window and the gun rack was filled with a Soviet AK and the new neighbours didn't know what to make of the Vespa PX in the back of the trailer..)

That and they didn't take too kindly to the people I was working for, and made it a point to remind me of this via vandalism and burning things in my lawn. Garland was NOT a place for me.

Now I hear Austin is the place where I was told "I belonged", and I've heard great things about it, but my experience soured a bit of the feeling. Perhaps someday I'll take a look at Austin and see if it's everything it's cracked up to be.

Besides, aside from Houston, all of the cities seem a bit too small for my comforts. Dallas was a bit of a let down: Smaller than Phoenix, and it is supposed to be legendary.

·
Registered
581 Posts
hey neo, I`m a texan and dont think much of dallas.would just assoon it was soemewhere else

·
Registered
974 Posts
I may be morbid, but this headline puts a little smile on my face.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443828,00.html

I think we should sustain this pace for the rest of the year... heck, all of 2009... betcha there would be no crime by the end of the year.
Except somehow, even with the "revolving door death chamber" Texas still has a crapton of crime. As much as the scum mentioned in the article deserve to die, don't believe for a second that crime in Texas will be much affected by it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Neo, I'm in Arlington between Dallas and Fort Worth. As we say "Fort Worth, where the West begins...Dallas where the East peters out!!!" come on back we'll show you a good time. And yes Garland is the rectum of the Metroplex.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
I wish that we could just do it the old fashioned way. IMO my money (taxes) shouldn't pay for some criminal to have an "ethical" execution with an injection or wasting a bunch of electricity frying them or whatever. I say the state goes out and gets a $200 995 and a $20 box of 9mm ammo and go to town. 1 headshot per criminal would cost $0.20 and it's not like they'd feel any different about it anyway, it's death whichever way.

I wouldn't feel bad about being the one to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Bleh. You can have Texas. I didn't get such a warm welcome in Dallas. I was even driving a pickup truck AND had a gun rack!! (Granted, it was a Japanese pickup with alot of punk rock stickers in the window and the gun rack was filled with a Soviet AK and the new neighbours didn't know what to make of the Vespa PX in the back of the trailer..)

That and they didn't take too kindly to the people I was working for, and made it a point to remind me of this via vandalism and burning things in my lawn. Garland was NOT a place for me.

Now I hear Austin is the place where I was told "I belonged", and I've heard great things about it, but my experience soured a bit of the feeling. Perhaps someday I'll take a look at Austin and see if it's everything it's cracked up to be.

Besides, aside from Houston, all of the cities seem a bit too small for my comforts. Dallas was a bit of a let down: Smaller than Phoenix, and it is supposed to be legendary.
Sorry about the smaller towns. those are the ones that you can find the nicest people IMHO. If you can ever make it into East Texas drop me a line and we'll head to the range.

G

·
I am not sorry, neo: but you and I have diverse feelings on this: Guy was found guilty
Do YOU want to be the one holding the trigger? Do I?
I for one, do not want to do that. But seeing justice done.....enough.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I am not sorry, neo: but you and I have diverse feelings on this: Guy was found guilty
Do YOU want to be the one holding the trigger? Do I?
I for one, do not want to do that. But seeing justice done.....enough.
Actually... I wasn't even commenting on the story (the law of the land is just that, and it was pretty straightforward).

I was commenting on Texas itself. I have a distain for the state of Texas.

Then again, it seems to have a distain for me. I know there are some nice folks FROM Texas, but I'll keep my distance from the joint.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts