Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you all using as far as tracking your weapon inventory??? I am looking for something more profesional?? Any help you guys have would be very helpfull.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Try something like Microsoft Excel, the Open Office spreadsheet, etc. Then print out some hard copies for the safe, upload it to an online storage site, and load it on a flash-drive or SD memory card. Then you have multiple copies in the event of one failing. Professional, cheap, easy, and completely customizable.

BTW, this is not my idea. Someone else on this forum or HPT mentioned it in another thread. But! It's a great idea!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have a cheesey excel doc that I have been using just looking for something better lol. I will look at yours logik. I am at work and cant get in to your site here lol.

That is the exact thing I am wanting it for broom. I am also helping out one one my armor buddies so he can track the maintenance aspects. Looks like I will have to look in to the Corelogik connection lol....

Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I use that gunsafe program that's linked above.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Since I am cheap I made up a bound book page in excell and just print a new one when I need it . I keep them in a three ring binder in the fireproof safe!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I use gunsafe also

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just downloaded GunSafe nice program, very simple

·
Registered
799 Posts
I feel So stone age. I keep a manilla envelope for each weapon all kept in a larger envelope that is in my safe. Each weapon has an index card that has name model serial number, a picture of the weapon, and a fired casing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Here is something I found works well .. Use a simple program like Microsoft Works and create your inventory ..Then E-mail the list to yourself and save it in a folder .. Then If there is a fire or you computer gets stollen all you have to do is access your e-mail from another location to get the list ..

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I like autosurgeon, just use a spiral notebook. The LAST thing I want around is an electronic record of what firearms and amount of ammunition I own.............. Big Brother is watching or soon to be in a neighborhood near you...... I have two copies, One in my gun safe and one in my fireproof safe with the important documents.......... do you guys know that if you have a fire, the fireman cannot open anything with a lock on it ???/ anything else, i.e. guns under mattresses, in closets, etc. or ammo cans are fair game ???????? the only gun I have planted in my house not under lock and key or combination is a legally registered one...... just my .02 cents worth.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.