Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
It was chilly when I got to Florida on the 23rd. 44 that night, high of 67. By the end of the week it was 88. I got home Sunday night and it poured right after I got inside the house. Rained like crazy yesterday and windy-windy. It was 68 for a high. 80% of my yard was under water. That doesn't normally happen. The froggies and peepers were singing!

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts

Reactions: Rerun

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Almost had a dusting last night.............. 40 for a high today, 14 tonight.

Reactions: ekim

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Minnesota

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
FEB 7
Rain/Thunder
72° record setting high 27° for the low
90%
SSW 19 mph 75%

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Parking lot at work was flooded. It was hard to get back into the yard as Metro had the roads blocked off. The water was touching the chin spoiler on the golden couch. Looked like I was going to have to wade through 2ft of water to get to my car. 30 minutes later it was drained away :D

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
I-24 is shut down. Mudslide. They evacuated the Opryland hotel last night. Too close to the Cumberland river. There is a damn they are going to pen the flood gates on and down stream is going to get it. 30-40mph winds........... I was planning on going to a pistol class today. Unless they call it off, I'm going.

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Walt, you have been to my house. I actually have water standing in my front yard..........water standing on a slope, who would of thunk!
Does that mean you have 20ft of water in the back? I remember it dropped off...........

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Sunday 2am or sothen it got bigger

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
You need a couple New England snow plows to push that out of the way?
If you see the other pic there is some mighty big boulders in there. It was still getting bigger @ 10am when I headed out for my recoil therapy session..........

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Rain and snow this morning, becoming all snow for the afternoon. Thunder possible. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 100%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

High of 37* tonight 19* and I thought I was done carrying the propane torch for the gate's padlock!

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
It's raining..........again..........always raining.
Trees falling over yet? At least it isn't windy here.

h
12:00 pm
Sun
Rain/Snow 36° 29°
100%
95% NNW 8 mph
1:00 pm
Sun
Snow 35° 28°
95%
91% NNW 10 mph
2:00 pm
Sun
Snow 35° 27°
75%
93% NNW 11 mph
3:00 pm
Sun
Cloudy 36° 28°
25%
81% NNW 13 mph
4:00 pm
Sun
Cloudy 36° 28°
15%
79% NNW 12 mph
5:00 pm
Sun
Cloudy 35° 27°
25%
77% NNW 12 mph
6:00 pm
Sun
Few Snow Showers 34° 25°
30%
78% NNW 12 mph
7:00 pm
Sun
Cloudy 33° 24°
25%
77% N 13 mph
8:00 pm
Sun
Cloudy 33° 23°
25%
76% N 13 mph
9:00 pm
Sun
Cloudy 32° 22°
25%
75% N 13 mph
10:00 pm
Sun
Cloudy 31° 21°
10%
75% N 12 mph

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Snowing to beat the band here right now. Supposed to get 6" here, but last time they were 3" short of their prediction.
We had close to 27 flurry flakes.........Walmart and Aldies was packed!

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
The vicious flurries continue!!

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
70 tomorrow. Snow next week at night.

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Crazy predictions of dogs and cats living together with wicked thunderstorms/death/destruction. It must have stayed west of here. I went to work and did a drop and hook on the West side of Louisville. East side was getting 60mph winds, and half dollar sized hail.

My street is dry, and so was the parking lot at work in Nashville :lol: I heard Paducah KY got hammered. US62 shut down with a silo in the road.

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Why doesn't Texas fall into the Gulf De Mexico? Cuz Oklahoma sucks.........

Sing it from the musical "OKLAHOMA!" "Oklahoma where the wind doesn't blow it sucks!!!"

Reactions: Bertus

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
Gasoline is in short supply here due to the Cumberland River being up. The tugboats can't get under some of the bridges. Exxon last I heard was out. A large part of our fuel is brought in on barges. A gas hauler friend had to pull some loads out of Chattanooga to supply the stores.

· Premium Member
22,728 Posts
It was misting, and foggy yesterday. Freezing mist/freezing fog. Almost hit 30. Today it went the same, just heavier, and colder.

Fired up the dually today. Hadn't started it since a couple of days after New Years. It snorted right to life. I put the battery on my 3 amp trickle charger afterwards. Don't want it to freeze.

The sleet/freezing rain started at 8pm. Prediction is 7-8 hours of that. Then the snow will start. Looking at "wintery mix" for most of tomorrow then snow on top of that. I expect the power to go out at some point. I have my 2 burner "Ozark Trail" stove out in the shop that runs off of the small propane cans. There is a Coleman lantern that does the same thing too. Also have a big Rubbermaid tub full of votive, and tea candles. Other miscellaneous candles.

No central heat. It died in 2012. I have my trusty 32,000btu infrared heater that is keeping the inside of the house at a balmy 78*. It works whether there is electricity or not. As long as they keep pumping natural gas through the pipeline. ;) My humidity inside according to my dehumidifier is 30% and it hasn't kicked on in days. It's 90-100% outside :confused: I can't figure that one out. Plus the freezing rain with 17* right now.

Electric water heater. I have some big buckets to fill and use to bathe with it the power goes out. I can warm them in front of the heater, add some boiled water to them.

I can move the freezer foods to one of the cars. Not supposed to be over freezing until Thursday.

Reactions: fatal-bert33
1 - 20 of 81 Posts