Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
I really can't complain. Nowhere near as cold as moonz and evil's place. Even though I'm a smidge north of them latitude wise, have mountains all around me helps!

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
Lol Gregr that just shows up there all the time. If there's an actual alert it extends. No pollen. Allergies aplenty still though. Im on Benedryl 24/7/365.

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
Luckily its not much congestion and sneezing is minimal. Sometimes a wet nose, but 90% is my eyes. Itchy, burny, watery.

Primed 100 cases last night and my eyes were burning so bad it was like I was chopping red onions. The only thing I can think it was was maybe the case lube.

I'll have to try making the lanolin stuff and see if it still happens next go round.

Now that I think of it I also pulled a bunch of other cases from the tumbler and sat there picking dirty corn cob out of the primer pockets for a while. Could have been that too I guess.

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
90% chance of snow today. That so far has turned out to be about 10 minutes of fat flakes that blew away at 6:30 this morning. I have a disappointed 9 year old but I'm hoping it holds off at least 24 more hours so I dont have to haul and unload my safe in it. Then it can snow all it wants as long as it melts by early February. As much as I enjoy an extended break due to shitty weather, it effects my yearly bonuses.

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
My husband is stuck in it right now. His kids live near Lafayette and he had a wounded war hero fishing thing down off the tip of the boot, so he planned a trip down there for some good time with fellow vets- especially with what's going on in Afghanistan- and then some time with his kids. They managed to get a half day of off shore fishing in before they canceled and made a hurried trip back to shore. Took him darn near another day to get through New Orleans and north enough to find a hotel room. He can't get to his kids now- they're sheltering in place with their mom.
I'm home sick from work. Couldn't get a covid test scheduled until Tuesday.
If you pray, say a little one for us please.

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
Well last week we were 50s and 60s, mostly sunny. Then it decided to be winter again. Got damn near a foot overnight Monday night. Which stinks as we just got an excavator rented friday for the month and got a lot done with it but now we are kind of stuck. Lots of clay and mud here and we don't want to f the ground up trying to run a track machine through here while its so wet. More expected tonight and tomorrow.

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
Last 48 hours ranged from 4° to 11°. Heat wave this morning at 13. Been keeping the water trickling so we don't freeze up and have to mess with water out of jugs- which is doable but a pain in the ass. Woke up this morning to the water off, and wrappers, crumbs, food everywhere, Ramen noodles in my dish drainer. So my 13 year old spent her first morning of Christmas vacation being woken up before dawn breaks to clean up after herself and get another lecture on the water.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts