Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
461 - 480 of 501 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
Got us a real heat wave 9° with windchillof -11°. It beautiful out. Didn't even need gloves to shove or a coat. Just a hoodie.

·
Premium Member
21,796 Posts
Going to be 22* in the AM. 34* when I got home from Bama. It was sleeting, raining, and snowing all at the same time. Barely got the lock to unfreeze on the gate. Parked the car, raised the wiper arms up into the air so I won't have frozen blades stuck to the windshield. Car is already glazed over in 30minutes.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Going to be 22* in the AM. 34* when I got home from Bama. It was sleeting, raining, and snowing all at the same time. Barely got the lock to unfreeze on the gate. Parked the car, raised the wiper arms up into the air so I won't have frozen blades stuck to the windshield. Car is already glazed over in 30minutes.
We've had enough for a few days up here. So, we redirected that stuff down your way. :p

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
That happens when you try to push 1 inch of cold past 3 inches of Carhart.
Yes you'd definitely know that :rotfl:

As far as meeting you, I gotta say, you're much more polite in person. Just sad that I did not get to meet "E" as well. She was working and we were trying to outrun a storm...

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
Yes you'd definitely know that :rotfl:

As far as meeting you, I gotta say, you're much more polite in person. Just sad that I did not get to meet "E" as well. She was working and we were trying to outrun a storm...
I'm a hugger till I'm not. E is the mean one.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
I'm a hugger till I'm not. E is the mean one.
She was ready to jump through the phone and tear Sonny-Boi a new one cuz he wanted to keep rolling instead of meeting her :rotfl:
She said "YOUR SON SUCKS!!!"

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Psycho MN weather... 33 today!

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
32 today but snow incoming then cold hits again tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
21,796 Posts
32 today but snow incoming then cold hits again tomorrow.
That is coming here Thursday. 17* in the morning m. Possibly some snow again. 1996 we had 8" in middle April.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Ground blizzard here, snow blowing in from up north, and a lot of field dirt, my allergies are on the rampage! 2 degrees, high temp was at midnight last night...

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Ice, lots of ice. Started about 3AM and still hasn't quit. Freezing rain, then freezing rain. At one point there was over a 1/4 on my driveway. Nothing is moving, but we still have electricity and interweb. Neighbor called and asked if he could salt my sidewalk and driveway. He was afraid I'd fal and break something if I went out. Later I heard him scraping everything off. Great to have nice neighbors. Not going out this evening either. Mama is making both baked hamburgers and Hi-talian meatballs. Plenty to eat and it's warm and dry inside

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
Ice, lots of ice. Started about 3AM and still hasn't quit. Freezing rain, then freezing rain. At one point there was over a 1/4 on my driveway. Nothing is moving, but we still have electricity and interweb. Neighbor called and asked if he could salt my sidewalk and driveway. He was afraid I'd fal and break something if I went out. Later I heard him scraping everything off. Great to have nice neighbors. Not going out this evening either. Mama is making both baked hamburgers and Hi-talian meatballs. Plenty to eat and it's warm and dry inside
Get your ass out and drive around. Thats what the cool kids do.

After my coffee I'm gonna blow some snow. We didn't get any more its just been so windy its pushing it around. Took my kid to the airport 100 miles away yesterday. White out conditions damn near the whole way. I was going 60 and getting passed like I was not moving. Most of those cars ended up in the ditch. And me being a good guy. I just drove on pass them.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #476 ·
And I tore my back out shoveling. I new I should of just started the snowblower. Damn it now I'm stuck lying down for a few days.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
Well, sorry to say, we had a couple hours TOPS, of freezing rain. I went out Saturday around 1:30 and there was a lot of lights in my direction of travel, so I quickly made a detour.
A Large SUV was traveling northbound on the 2 lane, lost traction and hit a minivan head on. The SUV crossed into the yard on the west side, the minivan stayed in their own lane for the most part. One PASSENGER in the SUV dead, that vehicle was on its druvers side, pointing southwest, with the roof removed by rescue personnel. I knew when I drove by, in my return trip, that it was likely very bad. A younger female fireman was crying.

I got a couple good pix, looks like the SUV had kids in it, sadly...

Dumbass drivers, they buy a huge 4x4 and never want to engage the 4wd. I got hit by one on Feb 8, 2015 very similar accident. But I was in the yard, when she hit me! I bailed and she still hit my back quarter in someone's front yard, behind the mailbox

People are so stupid, I mean come on, it was barely slick, but it did suddenly turn to ice in short order. I made it home safely, although I could tell the ABS was engaging.
Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Get your ass out and drive around. Thats what the cool kids do.

After my coffee I'm gonna blow some snow. We didn't get any more its just been so windy its pushing it around. Took my kid to the airport 100 miles away yesterday. White out conditions damn near the whole way. I was going 60 and getting passed like I was not moving. Most of those cars ended up in the ditch. And me being a good guy. I just drove on pass them.
Drive by and wave!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
We have another storm rolling in 4 to 9 inches of snow 40 mph winds. City was still trying to clean up from the last two storms. The never ending joy of winter. Lol

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
We have another storm rolling in 4 to 9 inches of snow 40 mph winds. City was still trying to clean up from the last two storms. The never ending joy of winter. Lol
Apparently you and Mary decided to send it my way. Anywhere form 6 to 16 Sunday night into Monday. Time to make the milk/bread/toilet paper run - not that I need to, but it's fun to watch people panic over being "snowbound" for a couple hours.

Reactions: undeRGRound
461 - 480 of 501 Posts