Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
481 - 500 of 501 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Supposed to hit 77 here today, but calling for winds from 25-35 and gusts to 50mph.
Which part of Texas are you in? I'm moving! More free than PA AND warmer!

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
We have another storm rolling in 4 to 9 inches of snow 40 mph winds. City was still trying to clean up from the last two storms. The never ending joy of winter. Lol
We are forecast to get the same amount of snow down here. 30 mph wind. First flakes just began to fall. Supposed to get worse tonight

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Forecast was 6-10 inches for here... got 3 at most... and that is blowing around.

Reactions: histed

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Forecast was 6-10 inches for here... got 3 at most... and that is blowing around.
I would be extremely happy if they got it that wrong in that direction here. However, they'll probably miss in the other direction - call for 10, we'll get 24

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
Apparently you and Mary decided to send it my way. Anywhere form 6 to 16 Sunday night into Monday. Time to make the milk/bread/toilet paper run - not that I need to, but it's fun to watch people panic over being "snowbound" for a couple hours.
Just rolled out of bed. Will have to see what we got. But my kid said we didn't get that much. They canceled school in preparation of it. And the roads are fine. Lol

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·

·
Premium Member
21,796 Posts
Computer models here were all over the place yesterday. 4-18" We have cold rain, sleet pellets, possible freezing rain. Snow could start at 6pm continue to 6pm Sunday, then more snow showers before the morning commute on Monday. Only calling for 6" now. If we get a coat of ice on top it will cause problems.

Temps for tomorrow might be in the low to mid 30's so a "wintery mix" is a definite forecast. Power lines could go down. I have a big tub of candles, lots of propane in the little cans for a Coleman lantern. My infrared wall heater will keep me warm, it requires no electricity to keep running.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
Computer models here were all over the place yesterday. 4-18" We have cold rain, sleet pellets, possible freezing rain. Snow could start at 6pm continue to 6pm...
I blame Global Warming :D

Not the fake out heat wave, just the idiots tryna scrap the old reliable methods. They try to model a non-event, they get wild results.

GIGO

·
Premium Member
21,796 Posts
I blame Global Warming :D

Not the fake out heat wave, just the idiots tryna scrap the old reliable methods. They try to model a non-event, they get wild results.

GIGO
They were playing some really heavy duty tic-tac-toe in the sky on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Forecast was for this cold front to dip into the Gulf of Mexico, gather up moisture, and dump frozen precipitation on us this weekend.

To top things off we are talking a full moon for your attitude. GF got a text this morning asking her to come work the neo-natal unit today. She isn't scheduled back to work until Wednesday. I told her to snag the $$$$.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
They over hype weather now for the page clicks and ad revenue. They haven't been right on snow totals here for 5+ years. To many forecasts ignore the Buffalo Ridge effect that changes local weather quite a bit! SW side of Buffalo Ridge is a lot wetter than the NW side where I am. It is just tall enough to wring the moisture out of the clouds as they come up and over the ridge.

·
Premium Member
21,796 Posts
Raining, it is applying a glaze to the trees and grass. Power lines could snap, or get hit by tree branches. I am charging the phone tonight for sure, leaving the water heater on too. Power goes out? I will be good for a while.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Dang psycho MN weather... -9 last night, 36 right now. Tomorrow will be mid 30's too then back into the deep freeze with sub zero highs for a couple days... I really need some snow on the yard to keep frost from going to deep!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #496 ·
Dang psycho MN weather... -9 last night, 36 right now. Tomorrow will be mid 30's too then back into the deep freeze with sub zero highs for a couple days... I really need some snow on the yard to keep frost from going to deep!
Come get some. I have plenty.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
He would dump all he has in my yard LOL normally the yard where water lines come in the house would have 12+ inches of snow on it by now... instead it might have an inch. So keeping water trickling in the bathroom to hopefully prevent freeze up.

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Wrapping up here with 50mph gusts and a steady 30mph plus a little freezing rain on top of the 10+ we got overnight. greatful to my neighbor who plowed my driveway - twice - after it blew shut. tomorrow should be interesting

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #500 ·
He would dump all he has in my yard LOL normally the yard where water lines come in the house would have 12+ inches of snow on it by now... instead it might have an inch. So keeping water trickling in the bathroom to hopefully prevent freeze up.
That I would. New neighbor lady across the street had someone come today and all her snow away. I'd be surprised if her water line doesn't freeze.

My next-door neighbor came over yesterday and scraped my driveway clear of packed snow yesterday while I was tossing salt up on the roof to melt the ice dams. I had almost 6 inches of packed snow on the driveway.

481 - 500 of 501 Posts