·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·

·
Super Moderator
25,800 Posts
I'm technically a native Floridian. Born in West Palm, family in J-ville, half a dozen spring breaks in Panama City, and several months at NAS Pensacola.

Reactions: Lisa93

·
Registered
189 Posts
Have been to Palm Beach a few times.. Ate lunch at the Breakers one time.. Was staying South of there in Hollywood Beach. I just love Florida..
Florida is a good place if you hate snow, like to grow citrus and have winter gardens. I even have gotten bananas off my banana plant.
Politically neither the republicans or democrats really know what they are doing. The democrats wanting to do the most for you are perhaps the worst.

·
Super Moderator
25,800 Posts
Florida is a good place if you hate snow, like to grow citrus and have winter gardens. I even have gotten bananas off my banana plant.
Politically neither the republicans or democrats really know what they are doing. The democrats wanting to do the most for you are perhaps the worst.
My sister's ultra-liberal biological aunt and her husband bought a house in Florida to be snowbirds from Syracuse, NY and then turned around and sold it for a huge loss 2 years later in the middle of Covid because Florida "is full of racist red necks".

·
What the Hell was that?
770 Posts
My sister's ultra-liberal biological aunt and her husband bought a house in Florida to be snowbirds from Syracuse, NY and then turned around and sold it for a huge loss 2 years later in the middle of Covid because Florida "is full of racist red necks".
Racist? Nah. *******? Definitely. Alot of people need to look that word up. These days, it don’t mean what they think it means.

·
Super Moderator
25,800 Posts
Oops i used red neck as 1 word.
I did too. Still makes me wonder which group(s) of white people determined that being called a red neck was insulting enough to put it on the naughty list...

Reactions: Bull

·
Registered
189 Posts
If they were antigun and I am sure they are, good riddance to them. I hope they lost a real bundle which will be that much less that they can donate to their 'worthy' causes. When democrat fund raisers call me up, the 2nd A, that is my first question and the seldom call me back. When republicans call me, well they tend to hang up the phone also. I am independent these days.
Racist democrats do not like white working class people. But they as heck do not want to live in a poorer black neighborhood either is my guess.

·
Just a Man
14,264 Posts
I did too. Still makes me wonder which group(s) of white people determined that being called a red neck was insulting enough to put it on the naughty list...
Don't know many who even say it's a insult period..

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,661 Posts
It's the genetics of the ELO's coming into conflict with their PC (Trudon't style) political leanings... mixed with "Let's kiss royal ass and see if we gain any favor" as a side dish

:rotfl:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't know many who even say it's a insult period..
A friend that is from north Mississippi finds the label insulting when it is applied to him. Seldom is it a complement. But he will use it for other whites as an insult.
People are strange. When I grew up, black folk were the ones that used the N___ word most, but if a white used it, it was not ok.

·
Just a Man
14,264 Posts
A friend that is from north Mississippi finds the label insulting when it is applied to him. Seldom is it a complement. But he will use it for other whites as an insult.
People are strange. When I grew up, black folk were the ones that used the N___ word most, but if a white used it, it was not ok.
I've got both 'neck and hillbilly friends...Hillbilly MF'r is a term of endearment to them.

·
Super Moderator
25,800 Posts
I've got both 'neck and hillbilly friends...Hillbilly MF'r is a term of endearment to them.
I was born in Florida and raised in both western Pennsylvania and western New York.

I'm a triple threat. I'm a damn yankee red neck hillbilly.

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
Around here "Red neck" is used with pride, while a Mountain William is an inferior type of protoplasm, though both are superior to anything "woke" or liberal

Reactions: Rabidwookie
641 - 660 of 675 Posts