Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
661 - 670 of 670 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
Around here "Red neck" is used with pride, while a Mountain William is an inferior type of protoplasm, though both are superior to anything "woke" or liberal
Best part of that statement right there? Both terms are used to describe the poor and uneducated working class. Appalachians are the inbred version and the southerners are the racist kind.

What makes it even better is the fact that society forgets that rich white people created both to be derogatory of white people specifically. So if we apply the context of racism equally to these words as we do the rest of the spectrum, only white people can can say them.

• Wow
Reactions: histed and Bull

·
Just a Man
14,263 Posts
Best part of that statement right there? Both terms are used to describe the poor and uneducated working class. Appalachians are the inbred version and the southerners are the racist kind.

What makes it even better is the fact that society forgets that rich white people created both to be derogatory of white people specifically. So if we apply the context of racism equally to these words as we do the rest of the spectrum, only white people can can say them.
We've got more of the "Shepherd of the hills" hillbillies here in Missouri and Arkansas...Appalachian's are way more "Deliverance".

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
We've got more of the "Shepherd of the hills" hillbillies here in Missouri and Arkansas...Appalachian's are way more "Deliverance".
No, y'all are Ozark Hillbillies. Hillbillies are backwoods, backwater, mountain and swamp people.

Reactions: Bull and moona11

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
I did too. Still makes me wonder which group(s) of white people determined that being called a red neck was insulting enough to put it on the naughty list...
I always think red neck means blue collar, but too dumb to use sunscreen.

That said, I think the world would be worse without them.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
I always think red neck means blue collar, but too dumb to use sunscreen.

That said, I think the world would be worse without them.
That's literally why it was created! To insult the poor, uneducated, working class Southern people with sunburnt necks from working bent over in the fields....

·
Premium Member
8,573 Posts
Really bad storms last night... lost power for 8 hours then another 4 hours later in the night as they were doing repairs/removing temp repairs. Hundreds of power poles snapped 30 miles west of me and north. I saw a 65mph peak gust at my house and it was a SW wind. A direction I am somewhat protected from high winds. 30 miles away they had 95mph. LOTS of people without power still even here in town where trees downed lines on the west side of town. More rain but no power no rain gauge... judging by the lake in the field across the street at least another inch. Weirdest part was we had a haboob (dust storm) ahead of the rain!!!!! I am done with wild weather for a week or two! And do not need any more rain! I need to get in the garden!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #670 ·
No idea on how much rain we've gotten the last week. But we are full up on rain for awhile. Standing water everywhere.

661 - 670 of 670 Posts