Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Weather

38K views 978 replies 58 participants last post by  MaryB 
#1 ·
Whats it like at your place??

#820 ·
Warmer today. Sunny. Nice spring day. Snowed yesterday and was bitterly cold. Ohio. Go figure.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

#823 ·
I have a friend who lives in Odessa. She is now retired but was one of the gas well compressor techs for years. Worked out in some rough country! She carried an AR-15 in the truck because of drug mules. She sent pics of some of the places she had to drive into to repair a compressor engine... 4WD, BIG off road tires on her lifted truck... she is all of 5'2" and the tires were as tall as she is LOL one tough lady to work in that field!

#825 ·
81-82 Wednesday and Thursday. 55 Friday

#827 ·
8" of snow Wednesday, 75° today.

Calling for up to a foot of snow again this Wednesday.

I like my weather like I like my women...
Crazy and frigid?

#830 ·
Already downgrading it, now 16" next 2 days... I bet it drops to maybe 6" total by the time it is done. Blizzard warning though will happen, a pretty steep pressure gradient along the front edge of the low pressure system. Radar says it is snowing, not reaching the ground yet...

#832 ·
Mid 80's today. 55 for a high tomorrow.

#833 ·
We had over 32 for a half a day, then it started raining, then it got cold and snowed a couple of inches, but the wind picked up and drifted everything. Then it got really cold again. Needless to say the roads are slicker than snail snot, where they weren't blown clean, but everyone seems to be handling it.

#834 ·
15" new snow... huge drifts from the 50 mph wind gusts last night.

9 pm last night I had a knock on the door, 2 kids from the other end of town tried to go see a friend... hit the 3' deep 100 foot long drift just east of my house on the county road and buried the car after making it 50 feet on top of it then falling through the crust on top high centering the car with the wheels 2' off the ground.

"Mary, can you tow us out?"

Sure, here's a shovel, get me a path to the garage and clear the 4' of snow off the driveway!

"Umm think I will call dad to bring the tractor up..."

Dad gets there and he starts hollering, chewed them out for bothering me when my driveway had 4' of snow on it then chewed them out for trying to go out of town when roads were closed at sundown. Then he hands them 2 shovels and tells them to start digging, he wasn't tearing up the undercarriage towing them through hard packed snow. He came in and had a beer with me and watched a movie as the idiot kids dug for 2 hours(they warmed up occasionally in front of my pellet stove). They got a 50 foot lane cleared and most of the snow out from under the car then dad towed them out with the tractor. Kids learned a lesson! Get stuck learn how to rescue yourself because a phone call won't always get you help!

#835 ·
73 and sunny today after 33 and ice yesterday. Tomorrow - 41 and 50mph wind. Dang climate change!

#836 ·
Co-op brought up the big iron yesterday to clear snow. Their biggest skid steer with a 72" wide 48" tall blower on it. Made quick work of the drift on the driveway, challenged it a bit clearing to my mailbox. First time I ever heard that one bog down!

#838 ·
It does get cold up in your part of Florida. Anything North of Tampa Bay is Yankee land!

39* for a high here today. Dropping into the lower 20's tonight. 70 by Thursday with thunderstorms.

#841 ·
It was melting the snow off…but it snowed an inch of powder again this morning. It will be gone soon. That’s what I keep telling myself. I coach track…we’ve been going for two weeks, haven’t been on a track yet.

#843 ·
We had 82* on Easter in 2007. Then it hit 2* after that. I moved in November 2006. Crepe Myrtles got whacked hard. Never got leaves. They did flower in August :( I had no idea what they even were until then.

#850 ·
Tonight into tomorrow...

WHAT...For the Blizzard Warning, blizzard conditions expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 7 inches. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph. For the Winter Weather Advisory, mixed precipitation. Additional snow accumulations of up to one inch and ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph.

#851 ·
It's all over the map. Sun is shining one day, 35 degrees, wind chill to the bone, but the snow is melting, mud everywhere, but then it's overcast at 25 degrees and it's also still snowing other days. Wind quits, it's 38, and everyone is shedding their jacket, and wandering around in T-shirts.

We call this spring.:)

#852 ·
Current storm track shifted north, totally missing here now. But WINDY... can hear it howling outside the window and trash that thawed out of the snow is blowing by the window.

#855 ·
Y'all keep that snow and cold up there. We have 78 here and I'm loving it!

#856 ·
Its a blizzard here. Work actually closed the plant at 6:30 tonight. 1st time all year. But the plant manager was reported to corporate for him never closing the plant. So I think the upper HR finally told him to start erroring on the side of caution.