Webley pistol

Discussion in 'Non Hi-Point Classifieds' started by Bull, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Maybe someone here has better Google fu than me..... I've got a Webley mark IV I'm selling for a buddy..... Prices are all over the place, anyone have a real idea what it's worth... ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1427305372.727300.jpg ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1427305519.402246.jpg
    Frame and cylinder both have letters BNP on them, and there is a star-looking cartouche on the right hand side, in front of the cylinder....

2. Bull

Okay, I've gotten as far as the crown over the BNP puts it as post February 1954, as that's when that mark was started

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

what is the caliber? The MK IV had a "Service Model" and the regular model.

4. FlashBang

WEBLEY MARK IV

.22 LR (scarce), .32 (scarce), .38 S&W, or .380 cal., 3, 4, 5, or 6 (Target) in. barrel, 6 shot, wartime production exceeded 125,000, commercial production approx. 50,000. Mfg. early 1920s to late 1970s.

100% $450
    98% $400
    95% $350
    90% $300
    80% $250
    70% $200
    60% $150

Add 75%-100% for .22 LR or .32 cal.

edit - Saw the date after I posted that first one.. the Service Model was only made from 1899-1914.

5. Bull

It's .38 S$W.... The short .38

6. Bull

I've seen em on gunsamerica.... And the prices were all over....

7. FlashBang

Yours is not the Service Model.. the prices I posted are for your MK IV.

8. FlashBang

Actual value and what someone will pay for something can be very different. I posted actual pricing. :)

9. Bull

Well crap.... Doesn't seem to be worth much thrn

10. Bull

Lol..... I hear Ya...... Was hoping it'd bring 400$ for him, but that doesn't look likely

11. FlashBang

You might be able to get it if you put it on GB and set a reserve. Looks like at least one of the screws has been replaced, can't really tell grading on it or the rest of its condition very well from a picture.

Now if it was old Monty himself's Webley he carried at El Alamein you'd have something. :)

12. Bull

Yeah.... I noticed a different screw, and it's got dings in several places....