Weight Lifting

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Spot, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Here is a picture that I thought I would share of my son :D . It was taken at a weight lifting match at Jamil Temple in Columbia S.C. . He squated 750 lbs .
    Look close and you can see the chains that they install because if the lifter drops the bar the spotters won't be able to hold it .
    Spot

[​IMG]

2. Good show.

I miss lifting but will never be able to lift heavy again, bad knees and a torn rotator cuff :cry:

3. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Hey Spot, Remind me NEVER get you or your son mad at me. I would never survive the encounter :lol:

4. Wow, the term "Bigboy" doesnt even begin to describe it. That's alot of weight, about 3.5 of me!

5. Goood lord....Thats a lot of weight. I took weightlifting as a phis ed. I saw a ton of improvement in my mid thigh pull and squats.

6. He weighed in at 306 lbs. for this match.
    Spot

7. Good Lord - who feeds that kid?????? :lol:

Man, ya just have to smile to see someone show such dedication. You done well, Pappa.

8. He and his wife buys his own food now , ( I'm glad to say ).
    Spot

9. Afraid he stomp me pretty good as well. Big ol boy!

10. griff30

griff30 Member

From the looks of it, he is either in league with Lucifer or someone needs a camera with redeye reduction. LOL
    Nice lift and great form.

11. rodka

rodka Member

thats one strong kid.
    :shock:

12. griff30
    When he was in the 11th grade a USMC recruter came to his school and asked him ( What do you want to do in my Marine Corp ) and to this he answered and said that I want to kill people. So you never know.
    Spot

13. Show me your war face! HAAAAAGGGHHH!!!

give that man a 50 cal mg to run around with :lol:
    Or just forgo guns and give him an armored suit and just let him crush em all 8)

14. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Yea, I could take him!

OUT TO DINNER> LOL

Thats a bigin alright.

15. Ari

Ari Guest

Holy crap! It looks like his head is about to pop. Red eyes and all... Ok so what can the old man do? since you have a free trainer

16. Ain't it good to know you gotta kid with the kind of guts and determination it takes to rise to that level in his sport.

Spot on!

17. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

Impressive, squats are one of the most tiring forms of weight lifting.

I was flirting w/ 700 on squat the same time I dislocated my hip in a Football game. Chains would have been a nice re-assurance, all we had was 2 horiz. bars in the cage to stop the weights 2' from the ground.

PT for the dislocation saw me doing 20lbs squats in a shallow pool. havent attempted a squat since, and frankly I'm scared I'd fall apart.

18. ARI, Not much , I was his spotter.
    Spot

19. griff30

griff30 Member

Had to give it another look and a bump. Again you gotta be proud Mr Spot.
    I am a slow starter and at age 39 I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old and I am proud of them, but DAMN my hats off to you and your son's determination to competetivly lift like that.

Great form.