Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming soon-ish...

I'll need to carry a snub .38 SPL. In my car so I'll need options that will allow me reasonable draw options while seated and belted. But I'd also like a holster option that I can put on and take off easily and with less chance of being observed.

This will be for my upcoming need to carry all the way up to the Base but disarm, unload, and lock it up before I go on base.

I've been kinda thinking about a shoulder holster but those don't go on or off quick-n-easy.

An OWB hip holster might be OK if I could ensure not getting bound up in the seat belt. But getting it on and off is also a bit iffy. No belt loops. Paddle seems like a no go to me based on the one that I've used a little. I searched something about Combat Loop but I don't know much about them.

So what options can you think of?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
A car holster?

Obviously a stupid location but you could take a cheap holster and cut/drill two small holes so you can screw mount it to a mounting plate or straight into the cars plastic paneling.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A car holster?

Obviously a stupid location but you could take a cheap holster and cut/drill two small holes so you can screw mount it to a mounting plate or straight into the cars plastic paneling.
I will not do this. I'm one of those "a car is not a holster" guys. It's either going to be on me or locked up. I don't even like "off body carry."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
So what options can you think of?
It meets all your requirements.
Easy draw while in the car and Mexican carry it to and from the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It meets all your requirements.
Easy draw while in the car and Mexican carry it to and from the vehicle.
That's true but it doesn't meet my "on-body carry" requirement.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
That's true but it doesn't meet my "on-body carry" requirement.
Compromise, there's no such thing as easy draw wearing a seatbelt or even being seated.

Reactions: Hipointer and ajole

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Compromise, there's no such thing as easy draw wearing a seatbelt or even being seated.
Glasses Vision care White Hood Beard
Glasses Vehicle Car Land vehicle Motor vehicle

My issue with the shoulder holster is that I can't discretely take it off or put it on in public, even if partially "hidden" by being inside my car.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
Get a Galco IWB holster. You can slip it in and out of the waistband without any issues. It's what I do with my G30SF when I carry it to the range where they don't allow CC on the firing line. I just slip the holster and pistol out of my waistband to throw it all into the toolbox, together, and when I come back out, I slip it back into my waistband. It's pretty easy.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Mount a $9 holster in your car and Mexican carry or sock carry to and from the vehicle.
I don’t know why this needs to turn into an IT engineering project.

Reactions: Hipointer

·
Administrator
24,815 Posts
Mount a $9 holster in your car and Mexican carry or sock carry to and from the vehicle.
I don't know why this needs to turn into an IT engineering project.
You would have an easier time convincing him to carry and shoot left handed.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
You would have an easier time convincing him to carry and shoot left handed.
I'd have more luck convincing him to buy a .357 Magnum

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
@lklawson - Kirk, what's the issue with a paddle holster? I've seen a couple IWB that snap on and off - I'll try to find teh link tomorrow, but I think they were either Galco or Be-Yankee

1 - 20 of 42 Posts